PDA

View Full Version : Arcam A60 & Headphone amp kit partly made up.

wobbleu
02-04-2015, 09:49
I have an early model of this classic amp - serial 10371, it powers up but doesn't produce any sound. I wondered if anyone would like it, before I take it to the dump-it site.

It came to me in black ash finish, but I've stripped it back to the teak finish and waxed it well. It did work and I'm not aware I've done anything with it to stop that but it has been in a cupboard for a considerable time. The main power caps have been renewed and look in good condition.

I have another which I re-capped and fettled using the guide from PF forum and that one works great, I just don't have the time, inclination or need to do this one anymore.

I'm in Sheffield you can come and collect it - or I'm happy to post if you cover the costs - if no one gets in touch by the end of next week I'll assume it's of no interest and dump it.

I also have a Jaycar (Aussie) kit for a headphone amp and it's power supply that is part built and again I no longer have the inclination to finish it off. There's a toroidal transformer with it so other than a bit of wire and some odd fixings and a container it's all there. There's also a new unopened PSU kit as I bought 2 for some reason. Again if anyone wants it they are welcome to collect or I'll send it if you cover my costs. The amp did get reasonable reviews and there's a bit of tweaking info out there on the web.

I retired in February and so I'm trying to sort my life/living space out so I can concentrate on the things I really enjoy. There may be other freebies to be distributed in the coming weeks.

cheers
Chris

oscarsaudio
02-04-2015, 12:29
Hi , Can I take the Jaycar off your hands , Let me know the postage costs please.

Cheers Oscar

The Barbarian
02-04-2015, 13:52
Chris
Ill take the 'A60' if you could post it cheaply..

dantheman91
02-04-2015, 13:58
Seconded on the A60 if it falls through with Andre........

wobbleu
02-04-2015, 13:59
Both items spoken for now - subject to agreement on postage.

thanks

Chris