PDA

View Full Version : Audio Note S2 SUT

Rick E
01-04-2015, 23:19
For sale: Audio Note s2 moving coil step up transformer (SUT) that's designed for the Io cartridge, but can run other very lomc carts too. I've lost the plot and bought the s6, so this one needs a new home.

This was sold by Petrat on here some time back, bought by Jake, then passed to me. It's still in superb condition, still complete with it's box, and is a very decent sounding box.

Price is £350 plus shipping and the price is firm. Demo is not a problem.

Payment options are cash on collection, bank transfer, or paypal gift from established members.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc318/rickandrea/latest%20009_zpsxemfo0z5.jpg (http://s217.photobucket.com/user/rickandrea/media/latest%20009_zpsxemfo0z5.jpg.html)

petrat
02-04-2015, 06:15
This has a switch on the back for 3 ohm or 12ohm matching, so actually suits most low output moving coil cartridges with DC coil resistances in that ball park. The 3ohm setting is quite high gain, probably around 40x in practice, and, apart from the Io, it matches SPUs and a Transfiguration carts perfectly, while I found the lower gain setting was ideal for a Koetsu Black I had at the time. At this price it is great value, and IMO it has a lovely energy and musicality lacking in many of the other SUTs I tried alongside it. TBH, the little blighter just makes music :)

Rick E
02-04-2015, 08:54
This has a switch on the back for 3 ohm or 12ohm matching, so actually suits most low output moving coil cartridges with DC coil resistances in that ball park. The 3ohm setting is quite high gain, probably around 40x in practice, and, apart from the Io, it matches SPUs and a Transfiguration carts perfectly, while I found the lower gain setting was ideal for a Koetsu Black I had at the time. At this price it is great value, and IMO it has a lovely energy and musicality lacking in many of the other SUTs I tried alongside it. TBH, the little blighter just makes music :)

Thanks for adding that Peter, very good of you.

Looks like this one might be off to Hong Kong. SSTP.

ovlov854
02-04-2015, 09:01
PM Sent