PDA

View Full Version : Pat Metheny

Anthony K
25-03-2015, 12:24
Are there any other fans of PMG here? I have been listeng to his works a lot recently. My favorite albums being Speaking of now , We live here and Letter from home. I have been playing his last outing Kin and though not as easily accessable as previous work it must be said 'The man still has it'

Please share views and opinions

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuyUkfhxc23ToaIpWioHGhzq3vEdYnf IbYZmb3fc7gi4KaJbl4

Macca
25-03-2015, 12:31
Yes, I'm a big Metheny fan from way back; not so keen on his more recent (last decade or so) stuff, more the late '70s early '80's output - Still Life Talking, Off Ramp, As Falls Wichita and so forth. Never seen him live, though.

petrat
25-03-2015, 22:01
Pretty much been collecting all his output since the late 70s, and seen him many times in concert.
I used to live in Boston, and PMG playing one beautiful summer night on the Common in the mid 80s was simply a sublime experience that will live with me forever.
More recently, the most interesting release IMO was Tap, playing John Zorn compositions supported by the bizarre, but wonderful, Orchestrion.

Anthony K
26-03-2015, 12:02
I have to say the orchestration album sounded terrible on my setup , so I kinda bypassed Tap , would love to see him live at some point. Lyle Mays departure put me off seeing him In recent years

Anthony K
26-03-2015, 16:26
Still Life Talking, Off Ramp, As Falls Wichita and so forth. Never seen him live, though.[/QUOTE]

So may it secretly begin brings a feeling of joy and hope to my heart that no other track (by any artist) can manage