PDA

View Full Version : Temple Audio Monoblocks + DC2 power supply

pitadavespa
23-03-2015, 13:42
Hi,

I'm selling my Temple Audio Monoblocks with the matching Custom Hifi Cables DC2 power supply.
http://www.templeaudio.net/monoblock.html
http://www.custom-hifi-cables.co.uk/home/power-supplies/-dc2-dc-power-supply

Wonderful little amps with excellent build quality. These have a 15dB gain reduction made by Temple Audio, in order to better match higher gain preamps, like some valve ones. This gain reduction can easily be reverted.

A high quality product, way above it's price, that sound even better with the DC2 power supply (18V, made specifically for them, two separate outputs connectors) in black.

Around 1 year old, in MINT condition.

http://www.netpita.com/jenny/TempleAudio/IMG_20150323_110215490_HDR_s.jpg

sorry for the lousy photo. I'll do a better one when I have some time.

Price: £420 including postage.

Thanks,
Luis

ps: also included are the original PSUs.

pitadavespa
24-03-2015, 14:52
Now for sale elsewhere.

pitadavespa
27-03-2015, 21:29
Bump

pitadavespa
30-03-2015, 10:42
Price reduction.
These really have to go...

pitadavespa
31-03-2015, 11:37
bump

pitadavespa
02-04-2015, 15:08
These tiny big little amps have to go.

New price is £350 (+ postage) + £270 (+ postage), so £640, at least.

£420 represents almost 40% discount. :\

jasonC
02-04-2015, 16:32
i was tempted to buy as i have been after temples mono blocks for sometime as i have their t amp but
i do not want the upgraded psu because for £420 i would rather buy
new from temple and get a three year warrannty for £70 less
maybe if you split you may get some interest.
maybe someone else has the mono blocks but not a decent psu.
good luck though as they look in great condition and if someone wanted both items your price is very good.
if you chose to split in the future do pm me. :)

pitadavespa
02-04-2015, 20:57
Hi carjay,

I may split, but I don't know if that makes sense. The dc2 is a big improvement for these amps and you are almost getting it for free.

But I'll think in a fair price and let you know.

Regards,
Luis

pitadavespa
02-04-2015, 20:59
Is anyone interested in the dc2?

hughandella
02-04-2015, 22:53
Is anyone interested in the dc2?

would it be possible to get the voltage changed and if so at what cost ? might be worth asking Sean at custom ---- 18v isnt most common, maybe you'd get better interest if they were 12v for example --- just a thought ..... I might be interested at 2 x 12v for example just not sure how feasible it is ......

pitadavespa
03-04-2015, 01:10
would it be possible to get the voltage changed and if so at what cost ? might be worth asking Sean at custom ---- 18v isnt most common, maybe you'd get better interest if they were 12v for example --- just a thought ..... I might be interested at 2 x 12v for example just not sure how feasible it is ......

Good question. I'll ask Sean and let you know.

What would you use it with?

hughandella
03-04-2015, 10:10
[QUOTE=hughandella;635281]would it be possible to get the voltage changed and if so at what cost ? might be worth asking Sean at custom ---- 18v isnt most common, maybe you'd get better interest if they were 12v for example --- just a thought ..... I might be interested at 2 x 12v for example just not sure how feasible it is ......[/QUOTE

Good question. I'll ask Sean and let you know.

What would you use it with?

Hi

Personally I'd be ooking to use it with a Trends T amp and a Caiman II Dac ---- maybe you could PM me with details of outcome ? I promise to revert asap and then can publish == cheers

and also Sean makes PSU for Zen products --- be interested if could work on that too tks again

jasonC
03-04-2015, 10:27
incase it's any help it says this on the psu sales page
Compatible Equipment List

The end power connector is also selected to be compatible with your equipment - in most cases, this will be either a 2.1mm or a 2.5mm DC 'tube type' connector, but we can get just about any type that you may need. If you are unsure as to what you need then just ask!

Note that the DC2 can supply up to a maximum of 1A continuous, or peaks of 1.5A, OR we can carry out some modifications and upgrades to increase output power to around 2A peak. This is an actual current rating, not to be confused with the current ratings given on cheap switch-mode PSUs that power low-current equipment. Your actual equipment probably draws less than 1A, but it might come supplied with a 3A power adaptor because that is what the manufacturer can get cheap from China that month. We have used DC1s to power equipment that came with 5A PSUs, so don't go by that figure on the standard PSU. Just contact us to see if your equipment is compatible, and we can advise which of our PSU range is the most suitable for your needs.
This list is not definitive, if your product is not on the list then just contact us and we will be able to tell you the type of supply you need (see the above note as well). The voltage and power ratings of the original PSU are given (actual current draw will be lower though), along with the internal hole diameter and length of the DC 'tube type' power connector (or a different type is noted if required)

Amptastic Mini-1 Class D amp 12-14.8VDC @ 1.5A, 2.1 x 9.5mm DC conn.

Antelope Zodiac Plus DAC 18VDC @ 560mA, 2.1 x 14mm DC conn.

Arcam rDAC 6VDC @ 600mA, 2.1 x 14mm DC conn.
Arcam irDAC 12VDC @ 1.5A, 2.1 x 9.5mm DC conn.

Beresford Caiman DAC 15VDC @ 500mA, 1.3 x 9.5mm DC conn.

Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus 12VDC @ 2A, 2.1mm x 9.5mm DC conn.
Cambridge Audio iD100 12VDC @ 1A, 3.1mm (6.3mm ext) DC conn.

LIV Wave Music Streamer 5VDC @ 1.5A, 2.5mm x 9.5mm DC conn.

Logitech Squeezebox v1 5VDC @ 1A, 2.5mm x 14mm DC conn.
Logitech Squeezebox v2 5VDC @ 1A, 2.5mm x 14mm DC conn.
Logitech Squeezebox v3 5VDC @ 1A, 2.5mm x 14mm DC conn.
Logitech Squeezebox Duet 9VDC @ 1A, 1.0mm x 9.5mm DC conn.
Logitech Squeezebox Touch 5VDC @ 2.5A, 2.5mm x 14mm DC conn.

M2 Tech Hiface Evo 9VDC @ 2.5A, 2.1mm x 9.5mm DC conn.
M2 Tech Young DAC 18VDC @ 2.5A, 2.1mm x 9.5mm DC conn.

Musical Fidelity V-DAC 12VDC @ 1A, 1.3mm x 9.5mm DC conn.
Musical Fidelity V-CAN 12VDC @ 1A, 1.3mm x 9.5mm DC conn.
Musical Fidelity V-LPS 12VDC @ 1A, 1.3mm x 9.5mm DC conn.

Naim Audio (NAPSC) 18VDC @ 1.5A, 2 pole locking ring conn.
(pin 1 = +V, pin 2 = 0V)

Onkyo ND-S1 iPod dock 5VDC @ 1A, 2.1mm x 9.5mm DC conn.

Temple Audio Bantam 12VDC @ 1A, 2.1mm x 14mm DC conn.
Temple Audio Bantam Gold 15VDC @ 2A, 2.1mm x 14mm DC conn.
Temple Audio Monoblock 18VDC @ 3A, 2.1mm x 14mm DC conn.

£270.00

Black or silver case
3 to 25VDC (fixed)
& 1m output cable

UPGRADE OPTIONS:

Longer output cable:
add £4 per metre
(or £2 per 50cm)

pitadavespa
03-04-2015, 11:49
Thank for your help.

I'l out of time now, but I'll get back to this in the afternoon.

Cheers,
Luis

hughandella
03-04-2015, 12:12
tks Jason --- thats really helpful ---- Luis I'd pay you £125 delivered for the PSU if it can be used unmodified -- you might get a better bid, I'll let others come in if you like ---- I'have not done this by PM on purpose ---- upto you how you and others want to handle it ----- dont think 'auctions' are necessarily appropriate but this is an unusual case and you'll want ot get he best price
atb
chris

pitadavespa
04-04-2015, 10:50
I'm waiting Sean's answer.

It has to be modified somehow, I'm sure. But I don't know if it's just an easy (doable by everyone) adjustment or something more "complicated".
I'll let you know as soon as I get an answer.

Cheers,
Luis

pitadavespa
04-04-2015, 17:00
Custom Hifi Cables is on "holiday leave at present, until 14th April", so I guess I won't a receive an answer so soon. :\

pitadavespa
06-04-2015, 11:25
tks Jason --- thats really helpful ---- Luis I'd pay you £125 delivered for the PSU if it can be used unmodified -- you might get a better bid, I'll let others come in if you like ---- I'have not done this by PM on purpose ---- upto you how you and others want to handle it ----- dont think 'auctions' are necessarily appropriate but this is an unusual case and you'll want ot get he best price
atb
chris

Chris,

Here is Stean's answer.

"(...) the DC2 can be altered to run at 12VDC, but it would need returning to me to do the modification work. The work would be £30, plus return delivery."
He also said if you need "some different sized plugs on the power cables, then I can also supply new cables at £15 per cable."

Either way, I value my DC2 (that costs £270 + delivery) in more than £125 delivered, so I wouldn't accept that.

Thanks,
Luis

pitadavespa
06-04-2015, 11:31
New price: £400 delivered.

This means a Custom Hifi Cables DC2 almost for free.
Grab a bargain!

struth
06-04-2015, 19:22
Thats a very good price. I have heard temple monos used with a battery supply and it was a very nice sound that came out of the Rega speakers..glws

hughandella
06-04-2015, 20:04
New price: £400 delivered.

This means a Custom Hifi Cables DC2 almost for free.
Grab a bargain!

I have no issue with not accepting price offered for the PSU Luis, I said at the time it was not a high bid and you would probabyl do better -- and i am now sorted anyway -- but merely thinking from your perspective if you have the original PSUs for the amps -- I'm not sure your pricing makes sense but it is your choice ofcourse and again I only say it not looking to benefit

pitadavespa
07-04-2015, 09:54
Thats a very good price. I have heard temple monos used with a battery supply and it was a very nice sound that came out of the Rega speakers..glws

Thanks Grant. ;)

pitadavespa
07-04-2015, 10:34
I have no issue with not accepting price offered for the PSU Luis, I said at the time it was not a high bid and you would probabyl do better -- and i am now sorted anyway -- but merely thinking from your perspective if you have the original PSUs for the amps -- I'm not sure your pricing makes sense but it is your choice ofcourse and again I only say it not looking to benefit

Hi Chris,

I understand your point.
It's just that they work so well together that I've been trying not to split them.

Anyway, let's move on... and split. ;)

pitadavespa
07-04-2015, 10:34
-Temple Audio Monoblocks with original PSUs: £260 (delivered)

-Custom Hifi Cables DC2 linear PSU: £180 (delivered)

-Price for both: £400 (delivered)

Thanks,
Luis

pitadavespa
09-04-2015, 14:16
bump

pitadavespa
10-04-2015, 15:34
I'm now open to offers, before it hits the bay.
Thanks. :)

pitadavespa
12-04-2015, 13:40
bump before it goes to the bay.

pitadavespa
14-04-2015, 11:16
Someone used the photo I took from my amps to sell some identical ones in that known auction site.
Please be aware: I have nothing to do with it. :\

Thanks,
Luis

pitadavespa
16-04-2015, 09:35
last price before xbay: temple audio monoblocks + linear power supply (DC2) + postage = £380

:cool:

pitadavespa
20-04-2015, 09:02
monday bump :)

pitadavespa
21-04-2015, 15:44
Definitely last call: £360 all in, postage included. This means a Custom Hifi Cables DC2 for free.
All in MINT condition (except maybe a grease (?) mark on the PSU, that I haven't try to clean yet), with a bit more than 1 year old.
Bargain!

pitadavespa
24-04-2015, 15:45
bump

pitadavespa
26-04-2015, 18:29
No one wants these great monoblocks???

pitadavespa
28-04-2015, 14:09
This will be my last price. If they don't sell, I'll remove the ad.

Temple Audio Monoblocks: £235 delivered
Custom Hifi Cables DC2: £150 delivered

Thanks

pitadavespa
29-04-2015, 14:07
Can anybody help me, please?
I really don't know what's happening...

These are great amplifiers, with very low usage and a bit more than 1 year old only.
I selling them at their cost BUT I'm offering a superb linear power supply that costs £270, which brings them to another level.

So, i don't understand how can they still be for sale...
Any one?

hughandella
29-04-2015, 14:27
Can anybody help me, please?
I really don't know what's happening...

These are great amplifiers, with very low usage and a bit more than 1 year old only.
I selling them at their cost BUT I'm offering a superb linear power supply that costs £270, which brings them to another level.

So, i don't understand how can they still be for sale...
Any one?

For what it's worth a couple of thoughts ....

(i) HiFi like everything else goes in waves and sometimes good items are just offered at the wrong time
(ii) tbh it is not at all unusual for used items -- even lightly used to trade at 50% discount your amps are not there yet I am NOT suggesting they are overpriced now
(iii) I am certain the PSU is very good -- I know Sean and know how good his products are -- its just unfortunate for you - but it can change in a minute obv
(iv) i was interested in the amps myself and only haven't bought them because the guy who built my speakers didnt find they matched his speakers very well -- again an entirely personal choice
(v) the PSU is dedicated and not too cheap to modify for other uses maybe

These are only my thoughts and I know no more than you ---- If I hadnt recently bought a power amp I would have tried these even if my speaker guy wasnt a big fan ---- i'm only trying to offer insight as I am trying to sell a really nice CDP and struggling and other times, gear that is not as 'good' has sold in an instant --- its luck mate !

0rangutan
29-04-2015, 16:48
Further to hughandella's excellent points, AoS is a great but very small pool of potential buyers.
In general, if it hasn't sold within a week then either your price is wrong (it isn't) or no-one needs your item (likely the case here).
I would strongly advise getting it on eBay with a decent Buy It Now price and allow offers. I suspect it will go quickly and for a higher price, even accounting for fees.

Best of luck.

pitadavespa
29-04-2015, 16:50
For what it's worth a couple of thoughts ....

(i) HiFi like everything else goes in waves and sometimes good items are just offered at the wrong time
(ii) tbh it is not at all unusual for used items -- even lightly used to trade at 50% discount your amps are not there yet I am NOT suggesting they are overpriced now
(iii) I am certain the PSU is very good -- I know Sean and know how good his products are -- its just unfortunate for you - but it can change in a minute obv
(iv) i was interested in the amps myself and only haven't bought them because the guy who built my speakers didnt find they matched his speakers very well -- again an entirely personal choice
(v) the PSU is dedicated and not too cheap to modify for other uses maybe

These are only my thoughts and I know no more than you ---- If I hadnt recently bought a power amp I would have tried these even if my speaker guy wasnt a big fan ---- i'm only trying to offer insight as I am trying to sell a really nice CDP and struggling and other times, gear that is not as 'good' has sold in an instant --- its luck mate !

Thanks for your input.

These are not with a 50% discount, but they are with 44% discount. And they are only a bit more than 1 year old!
Price in the store is £350 + £10 postage for the amps and the PSU is £270 + £10 (I think) postage, so total is £640. I'm selling for £360, so...

Yes, the linear power supply from Sean brings them to another different level!

I only tried them with my Xavian Mia II speakers (86 dB) and, even with a passive pre (so no gain) and "only" in their second or third higher gain setting, they put the speakers to sing at the best of their lungs in my room. Way to more than is recommended for an apartment! :)

In one thing you're not right, toough... You should have bought them. :D

Cheers,
Luis

pitadavespa
29-04-2015, 16:52
Further to hughandella's excellent points, AoS is a great but very small pool of potential buyers.
In general, if it hasn't sold within a week then either your price is wrong (it isn't) or no-one needs your item (likely the case here).
I would strongly advise getting it on eBay with a decent Buy It Now price and allow offers. I suspect it will go quickly and for a higher price, even accounting for fees.

Best of luck.

Hi John,

Yes, I guess you're right.
I'll better put them on the bay. :\

Kind regards,
Luis

Conan
29-04-2015, 17:38
I sold Rega RS3 in gloss finish almost as new for less than half what they cost me.
It's like everything in business. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose...

pitadavespa
29-04-2015, 17:46
I sold Rega RS3 in gloss finish almost as new for less than half what they cost me.
It's like everything in business. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose...

Hi Carlos,

Yes, I remember that. :\

hughandella
03-05-2015, 14:25
Luis
I dont know if you are looking for a sale only but I have these v good monos if you want to swap ...
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?38384-SWAP-or-Sale-QUAD-50D-monoblocks-(-ex-BBC)-Serviced-Feb-2013

pitadavespa
04-05-2015, 14:14
Luis
I dont know if you are looking for a sale only but I have these v good monos if you want to swap ...
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?38384-SWAP-or-Sale-QUAD-50D-monoblocks-(-ex-BBC)-Serviced-Feb-2013

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your offer, but I intend to sell only.
I enjoyed very much these amps and, if I didn't move to another house and had to sell some gear, I pretty sure I wouldn't want another mono amps. :)

Good luck with your sell.

pitadavespa
08-05-2015, 17:29
Last bump.
If they don't sell during the weekend, they'll go to fleabay.

duo(2)
07-06-2015, 17:30
Are these sold?

pitadavespa
08-06-2015, 10:14
Are these sold?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, been really busy lately...

No, these are not sold.
I was advised to sell them at that auction site, since they weren't getting much attention here, even though the price was very low, but I just didn't had the time to take a good photos of them, that really show their condition.

Do you want them?

Regards,
Luis

pitadavespa
22-06-2015, 15:18
Now advertised on evil-bay. ;)

pitadavespa
22-06-2015, 18:53
I may swap for Canon DSLR lenses.

Thanks. ;)

pitadavespa
26-06-2015, 09:22
Amps and PSU sold.

Thanks to everyone and to the forum moderators.