PDA

View Full Version : vinyl revival

Tinker Dill
22-03-2015, 22:19
After shamefully ditching my entire vinyl collection in the late 80s I've spent the past 2 years in charity shops trying to rebuild it. My system is in a small spare bedroom so I haven't felt the need to spend a fortune on kit. I have a Pro- ject genie 2 turntable, Denon PMA 520 amp and Dali Zensor 1 speakers. Oh, and Mark what's names blue studio speaker cables. My mate, pie of the day advises me. Frankly I'm a major league novice. Happy to learn though!

The Barbarian
22-03-2015, 22:21
No problem. I got lots of Prog LP's i can fit you up with :eyebrows:

struth
22-03-2015, 22:29
After shamefully ditching my entire vinyl collection in the late 80s I've spent the past 2 years in charity shops trying to rebuild it. My system is in a small spare bedroom so I haven't felt the need to spend a fortune on kit. I have a Pro- ject genie 2 turntable, Denon PMA 520 amp and Dali Zensor 1 speakers. Oh, and Mark what's names blue studio speaker cables. My mate, pie of the day advises me. Frankly I'm a major league novice. Happy to learn though!

Welcome Andy. Like the user name...I remember Tinker on the tv and was a fav of mine. Nothing wrong with a humble system and there is no snobbery here. Any help you require just ask in the appropriate section

regards Grant

walpurgis
22-03-2015, 23:21
Hello Andy. Welcome to AOS.

Nothing wrong with your system. With help from our members (and pie of the day) you can make advances if you choose to.

If you have any changes planned, tell us. We like to hear what people have in mind. And tell us what music you like.

Buying from charity shops to replace your vinyl are you? Shame on you for having no faith and chucking it all out! :D

Never mind, I'm sure your collection will come together again. Boot sales start soon, that's a good source.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Wakefield Turntables
23-03-2015, 08:47
ANDY,

I live in wakey too! Nice to see I'm not the only vinyl collector in Wakefield

Tinker Dill
23-03-2015, 11:34
Its getting harder to find decent stuff. If I was a fan of Val Doonican I'd be laughing!

walpurgis
23-03-2015, 11:41
Its getting harder to find decent stuff. If I was a fan of Val Doonican I'd be laughing!

Yes. Even the James Last, Batchelors, Des O'Connor, Vince Hill, Edmundo Ross and Mantovani stuff is getting thinner on the ground. ;)

struth
23-03-2015, 11:42
oy! nowt wrong wi Des:eyebrows:

Pieoftheday
23-03-2015, 15:07

Get some bloody work done you:ner: oh and welcome andrew

Eagle owl
23-03-2015, 16:24
Hello and welcome Andy.

Geoff. :wave:

Tinker Dill
23-03-2015, 16:55
I'm struggling with man flu. Soldiering on from home. Business never sleeps etc etc.

Tinker Dill
23-03-2015, 19:03
A big thank you for the warm welcome I've received since joining.

walpurgis
23-03-2015, 19:19
I'm struggling with man flu. Soldiering on from home. Business never sleeps etc etc.

I always seem to end up with 'woman flu'. I'm the only male surrounded by four females here and they always catch things first, then pass it on to me! :lol:

Pieoftheday
23-03-2015, 20:50

Avn't you got any of that Irish medicine left?:glug:

Spectral Morn
24-03-2015, 11:20
Welcome to AoS

Regards Neil