PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Switzerland

Albishorn
21-03-2015, 23:39
Hello,
My name is Nathanaël and I’m living in Switzerland, near Zürich. That’s the reason I’m using her the Username “Albishorn”, a mountain directly in my neighbourhood. The Albishorn is 909m high, have a nice restaurant on top (http://www.restaurant-albishorn.ch) and it’s mi favourite place for making a break for a cold beer, when I’m going biking. By the way, I love British mountain bikes from patriot, but I’m using a bike from transalpes.

I hope my English-mistakes will be apologize, than usually I am speaking Swiss-German and my mother tong is French.
What can or would I say about private things? I am married with a woman from Germany, from Freiburg im Breisgau. We have a seven-year-old daughter. I am born the 09. may 1969.
I love the mountains, climbing, skiing, and music. I played several years Piano and Saxophon. Last 10 years I didn’t have enough time for playing music myself. Now my daughter want’s to start with piano and I think for me it will be the moment to restart with saxophone.

What about my system:
Since 1991 I was using an Exposure XV amplifier with a Micro-Mega Optic CD-Player, a Rega turntabel and Royd Abott Loudspeakers.:peace: I was in peace with this system to that day a great misfortune happened. My little, at that time 4-year-old daughter put her little fingers in the broadband chassis from the Royd Abott and destroyed this part. :doh:… A short time later, my CD-player stopped with working…:unfair:

After a long time for searching a loudspeaker which sounds similar to the Royd Abott, I have found a pair of second hand Audium Comp 7, also a broadband loudspeaker. This loudspeaker brings the feeling of music like the royd Abott does it, and works greatly together with the exposure xv.
Since 2013 I’m using the Exposure XV with a pair of Audium Comp 7 –loudspeakers, an old but revised and tuned Philips CD304 (Tobian Sound System) and a used Rega RP6.

My dream-system:
Since i’m buyed the exposure xv 1991, I’m dreaming of an Exposure IV-Amp with preamp and power supply or an Symphonic Line RG1. An Audium Comp 7 with the Exposure IV or an Audiomat must be the audiophile-heaven… So I’m putting diligently money on the side. Perhaps, when I'm upgraded my amp, I will look for an used idle wheel turntable like the pure dynamics groove. But a new Turntable is a project wide in the future.

My Music:
I’m listening Jazz, Klassik, Pop and Rock.
My favourite Classic CD is the Stockholm Guitar Quartet with musicpieces from Mendelssohn, Brahms and Debussy. It’s an old Opus-3 CD, a gift from mi father.
In Jazz I’m like Manu Dibango, Abdullah Ibrahim, the Oscar Peterson Trio. In contemporary jazz my favourites are Nicole Jo and the swiss group “Florian Favre Trio”. In Pop and Rock my favourites are Pink-Floyd, Supertramp, Patrick Bruel, Simple Minds, Peter Gabriel and the woman newcomer Sharon Kovacs from the Netherlands.

walpurgis
21-03-2015, 23:48
Hello Nathanael. Welcome to AOS.

That's a really comprehensive intro.

Piano is a great instrument. I it learned myself when I was young, then unfortunately gave it up.

I'm sure you will find plenty to interest you here.

Please feel free to add system photos to our Gallery section. We'd appreciate seeing them.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
21-03-2015, 23:56
WE;come to AoS Vogt or Nathaniel, whatever you prefer. Great into, and covered everything apart from your inside leg measurement lol.

I like Jazz myself . Nina Simone and Louis Armstrong are favorites of mine.

Hope you enjoy the forum

regards Grant

Andrei
22-03-2015, 01:36
HI Albishorn
AOS tentacles extend right round the earth - so welcome from the antipodes. My sister-in-law now lives in Zurich and it was a really wonderful place to visit.
As mentioned: don't be shy about posting some pics - they are always welcome.

Barry
04-05-2015, 18:43
Welcome to AoS Vogt.

Nice introduction. Hope you continue to enjoy the Forum.

Regards
Barry

Anthony K
05-05-2015, 00:42
Hello and Welcome

Marco
05-05-2015, 07:34
Hi, Nathanaël,

Welcome to AoS! What a textbook introduction - nice one :)

You live in a beautiful country; somewhere I'd possibly like to move to in a few years. My family come from Tuscany, in Italy, so I've always had the notion of living somewhere in Switzerland that would provide reasonably easy access (by car) to Italy, France and Germany, as I love France too, and my wife has many relatives in Germany.

In that respect, which would you say would be the ideal area to live? We like being away from it all, preferably up in the mountains, somewhere picturesque, well away from any big cities :cool:

Marco.

r100
05-05-2015, 07:59
hoi und wilkommä bi t' Artofsound ;-) es hät äs paar gueti lüüt da

bin i züri ufgwachse wonä sit langem i dr welschä schwiiz

grüessli
rübä

Marco
05-05-2015, 08:12
Rups, you could also answer the question I posed Nathanaël :)

Marco.

Marco
05-05-2015, 10:49
:popcorn: :popcorn:

Marco.

struth
05-05-2015, 11:21
back in the day me burd's family lived in the mountains near Lausanne(at least i think it was) in a farmhouse. french speaking area I think and fairly close to biggish cities and transport links but out and away too... beautiful views.etc. handy for shopping in France too

wisnon
05-05-2015, 12:39
Welcome Nat,

From the Romandie region of CH. I am anglophone though.

Hop Suisse!

Marco
05-05-2015, 14:43
back in the day me burd's family lived in the mountains near Lausanne(at least i think it was) in a farmhouse. french speaking area I think and fairly close to biggish cities and transport links but out and away too... beautiful views.etc. handy for shopping in France too

Yup, I know of Lausanne. Beautiful place. Not sure of its geographical suitability though, in terms of what we'd be looking for. I'm kind of thinking somewhere as equidistant as possible from Italy, France and Germany, and preferably out in the sticks.

All we'd need is access to somewhere that sells a reasonable range of quality provisions, and has a few bars and cafes, so it need only be near a decent-sized town :)

Marco.

r100
05-05-2015, 21:28
Hi, Nathanaël,

Welcome to AoS! What a textbook introduction - nice one :)

You live in a beautiful country; somewhere I'd possibly like to move to in a few years. My family come from Tuscany, in Italy, so I've always had the notion of living somewhere in Switzerland that would provide reasonably easy access (by car) to Italy, France and Germany, as I love France too, and my wife has many relatives in Germany.

In that respect, which would you say would be the ideal area to live? We like being away from it all, preferably up in the mountains, somewhere picturesque, well away from any big cities :cool:

Marco.

oops, sorry was away... Hard to say. There are so many nice places around the Lac Léman.. if you are into mountains, then the Valais would be the sort of place you could get away from civilisation and maybe even find a Chalet (Raccard) at a reasonable price. The hills behind Montreux are very picturesque as well with a stunning view over the lake. The (Swiss) Jura which runs along the Western side of Switzerland is very beautiful as well but can get quite isolated in winter.

Cheers

r100
05-05-2015, 21:39
Yup, I know of Lausanne. Beautiful place. Not sure of its geographical suitability though, in terms of what we'd be looking for. I'm kind of thinking somewhere as equidistant as possible from Italy, France and Germany, and preferably out in the sticks.

All we'd need is access to somewhere that sells a reasonable range of quality provisions, and has a few bars and cafes, so it need only be near a decent-sized town :)

Marco.

Italy and France are very close to the Valais. Aosta is on the other side of the Grand St. Bernard tunnel and Evian is opposite Lausanne, Divonne is just behind Nyon. Main airport would be Geneva. If you would like to be closer to Germany you would have to move north, closer to Neuchâtel. Very nice place as well and prices are more affordable. The lake of Neuchâtel and the surroundings are very picturesque. Move even further north, and you cross the "Rösti Graben" into the Swiss German part of Switzerland. Btw. the Nagra (http://www.nagraaudio.com) factory is just around the corner from where I live ;-).

Marco
06-05-2015, 06:58
Cheers for that, Rups. Something to think about... I think the lifestyle would be fab (every day would be a holiday)! :)

Do you get discounts on Nagra, via the 'back door'? ;)

Marco.

r100
06-05-2015, 14:53
Cheers for that, Rups. Something to think about... I think the lifestyle would be fab (every day would be a holiday)! :)

Do you get discounts on Nagra, via the 'back door'? ;)

Marco.

no, unfortunately not. And even if I did the discount would have to be absolutely massive :lol: