PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Teesside

Mickyricky
20-03-2015, 07:52
Hi All..
My name is Micky and I' m retired and live on Teesside..
I have listened to music virtually all my life and have replayed music through many different guises over the years I.e tranny radios,then a dansette record player, followed by a Grundig Tape Recorder ,these were followed by a garrard record deck with built in radio tuner and separate speakers (boy did I think I was the Beesknees back then)..
This was replaced by a Pioneer all singing and dancing separates system in its own glass cabinet wow was I moving upwards !!
I heard a few years later someone's Lp12 with Naim amps etc and I was smitten..
Off to the Sound Org in York I went ,returning with a Linn Basik Deck ,Linn intel amp and Linn speakers, all at the budget end ,since then I have upgraded many times trying different setups through wheeling and dealing and now finally have an superb sounding Lp12 driven by Linn klimax amps and Usher speakers...Sorted!!!
I have been to a few NeBo's and Bake offs organised on other forums where I have had great times hearing other systems which sounded lovely and have met some really nice people .I'm always finding new music to listen to having an insatiable appetite for music ...
I guess you could say" I've got and will always have the Music in me..."
Regards Micky

jollyfix
20-03-2015, 08:04
Hello Micky, welcome to AOS.

mik_rik
20-03-2015, 08:36
Hello Micky , by your moniker ,it sounds like you have a similar name to me , let us know what type of music you're into , hopefully see you at the next NEBO. Sorry forgot to say welcome aboard.---Mick

RichB
20-03-2015, 08:58
Hi Micky,

Think our paths will have crossed already if you're one of the nebo lot.

Hello and welcome aboard from me just up the road.

All the best.

Rich

struth
20-03-2015, 09:01
Welcome to AoS Micky. Hope you enjoy the forum.

regards G

walpurgis
20-03-2015, 10:38
Hello Micky. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here. We have many members who've been bashing away at getting their Hi-Fi right over a lifetime. Me included.

You can post equipment photos in the Gallery section. They are always appreciated.

Can you tell us what music you listen to?

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

misterpete
20-03-2015, 11:52
Hello Micky , fancy bumping into you here!

Floyddroid
20-03-2015, 13:19
A huge welcome Micky. I am also a Teesside chap and may well have met you at Nebo too. Great to have you here. Enjoy.

Eagle owl
21-03-2015, 23:14
Hello and welcome Micky.

Geoff. :wave: