PDA

View Full Version : greetings from Sweden

doom2112
18-03-2015, 14:35
My name is Per Karlsson from sweden.
I have been reading messages on this forum for years,but i didnt know that i should introduce myself.
Sorry about that.
I´m 56 years old and have been with hifi for 40 years or so.
I have been restoring and building and measuring speakers for 25 years now.
The likes of Carlsson ,Dahlquist Jbl celestion kef and so on.
Building and modifying turntables and tonearms since the late 70´s.
I have three SL-1200 modified with external powersupplies new bearing and new arms.
I do most of my vinyl listeniing in headphones.
As digital front i use the AudiolabM-dac and the latest Ice power and Hypex amps.
the speakers are Magnepan 1.6 with new frames made of Beechwood like the magnestand but with double frames and the magnepan driver clamped in between them supersturdy and the filter is a series filter from P Gunn of magnestand.
I also have Carlsson OA51 spekaers modified to the latest version and apprt from that i have built some pass lab B1 and RIAA amps for myself and sold some as well.
I try to help people and friend as much as i can without ruining them.

The music i listen to is mostly rock from jazz to hard rock.Since i grew up with Alice cooper deep purple and black sbbath uriah heep and so on you know what i like.
But since i am a hifi nut i also listen to good recordings mostly jazz and blues rock.
Zappa hendrix ten years after lots of jazz recordings and folk like renaissance.

I also have built one ultrasonic cleaner for vinyl and a VPI clone for record cleaning.

I have a dedicated room in the basement of our house so i dont disturb the others in the family an it is my retreat and i love it.

Thats what i can think of.

Thanx for letting me be her wit you all,i hope it will be a pleasure.

Regards PK (That´s what everyone calls me,even my mother)

The Barbarian
18-03-2015, 15:05
Welcome Per those Stig Carlssons 'OA51' speakers were good uns..

jollyfix
18-03-2015, 15:09
Welcome to AOS , Per.

doom2112
18-03-2015, 16:47
Yes they are ,i use them maily for my hometheater as fronts cause i dont need a center speaker since they are orthoacoustical.

The Black Adder
18-03-2015, 17:08
Welcome to AOS, Per.

You have some great kit there, always great to see. If you get chance, pop some pics in the Gallery :) Your Carlsson OA51's are worth that alone :) I think your the first with such speakers that I've seen.

We be very interested in your DIY vinyl RCM's too..!

Cheers
Jo

struth
18-03-2015, 17:34
Greetings to you Per. \ Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy the forum. Try and pop some pictures of your den and system into the gallery as we would love to see it.
regards grant

walpurgis
18-03-2015, 19:06
Hello PK. Welcome to AOS.

Looks as though you've been tinkering with Hi-Fi nearly as long as me.

If you have any projects, we'd like to see them.

You have some interesting equipment, why not post a few photos in our Gallery section. They'd be appreciated.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Eagle owl
19-03-2015, 10:53
Hello and welcome Per.

Geoff. :wave:

dave2010
19-03-2015, 11:14
Hej hej Per.

I hope you enjoy your continuing visits to these parts.