PDA

View Full Version : USB Lead Upgrade.

DaveK
29-08-2009, 22:17
Hi Guys,
Been listening all night to PC ASIO streaming using foobar 2000 into my Caimanised 7520 with an upgraded (i.e. more expensive) USB lead. I wouldn't say that the change is of the night and day variety but I definitely like the sound better. I haven't done an A and B comparison, just listened to very random and varied tracks and compared them from memory with how they sounded last time I played them.
I may be mistaken and so I would be pleased if anyone could suggest any technical reason for the following opinion:
The upper notes seem maybe clearer, certainly no less clear/distinct, but on very low bass notes the new lead does seem to give them a bit of a 'woolly' edge - it's only really noticeable on the lowest of low notes, if it's there at all - it may just be the particular tracks that got played tonight haven't been played for a while and the effect noticed was there before but faded from my memory - unusual I know, but it does happen very rarely :lolsign: .
Cheers,

chrism
31-08-2009, 11:29
Hi Dave,

I have tried a couple of USB cables I had around and did not hear any difference between them. I suspect that the connectors may be the issue though especially if one cable was old and well used.

Regards

Chris

StanleyB
31-08-2009, 11:34
I am in the beta stage of testing my own designs. But mine has an LED in each end so that you know when there is contact being made at both ends.
Next it's the connector to be fine tuned and the connector cover to be designed. Any design ideas from anyone?

Stan

Alex_UK
31-08-2009, 14:55
Very happy with my Belkin Signature Series (http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=266652) blue LEDs, Gold plated connectors, feel great quality, work fine