PDA

View Full Version : Favour From Friendly German AOSer Please

RobbieGong
13-03-2015, 22:46
Hi, I've spotted an amp on Ebay.de which is in Germany. I'm looking to send the seller a Best Offer. Would someone be kind enough to help me communicate with the seller which would be much appreciated. I could let you know in English what I'd like to say and you could translate for me in German. I will also let you see for translation what the seller replies back to me. This would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot. Rob :)

CageyH
13-03-2015, 23:24
Have you tried Google translate? It will at least give you the basics.
IME, a lot of Germans speak English, so try it and you will see if they speak English or not.

Marco
13-03-2015, 23:28
Don’t mention the war!

Marco.

RobbieGong
13-03-2015, 23:30
Have you tried Google translate? It will at least give you the basics.
IME, a lot of Germans speak English, so try it and you will see if they speak English or not.

Good point Kevin re: most of them speaking English, think I've heard that before. Will give it a go - cheers ;)

RobbieGong
13-03-2015, 23:32
Don’t mention the war!

Marco.

:lol: Not if I wanna bag a big fat Sony ES eh ! ;)

The Barbarian
13-03-2015, 23:35
Whats the War gotta do with owt? makes my mind boggle why brits blame the everyday German people for the war

RobbieGong
13-03-2015, 23:39
Bollocks ! Just noticed it's cash on collection or bank transfer. I was hoping to treat myself on credit card via Paypal - What to do ?? :scratch:

The Barbarian
13-03-2015, 23:40
A lot of Germans wont entertain PP

CageyH
13-03-2015, 23:44
Whats the War gotta do with owt? makes my mind boggle why brits blame the everyday German people for the war

https://youtu.be/yfl6Lu3xQW0

I can't possibly think why?

Marco
13-03-2015, 23:49

It was a joke, daftee! ;)

Marco.

struth
13-03-2015, 23:51
:lol: Not if I wanna bag a big fat Sony ES eh ! ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181687942087?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Save yoursel some hassle.....this is a good amp and I fancied it myself....but I really mustn't:eyebrows:

RobbieGong
13-03-2015, 23:56
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181687942087?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Save yoursel some hassle.....this is a good amp and I fancied it myself....but I really mustn't:eyebrows:

Thanks Grant but not what I'm after.....

Marco
14-03-2015, 00:05
Rob, are you a member of pfm?

Marco.

RobbieGong
14-03-2015, 00:16
Rob, are you a member of pfm?

Marco.

No Marco, It's a shame that Big Sony's always go for daft over inflated prices here in the uk. It's probably because they are quite rare this side of the water. Have seen some lovely top notch ES integrateds go for £400 / 500 - a lot of quality amp for that money, hence I'm trying to get my mits on one. Always nearly there but for payment issue as credit card is best for me for this as a treat to myself. Need cash for other more important priorities.

Marco
14-03-2015, 00:24
Oh I know exactly where you’re coming from, mate. German ebay is always a great place for buying Sony ES gear. I think that’s where a lot of it went ‘back in the day’. That’s where I bought my X-777ES CDP from.

The reason why I mentioned pfm, is because one of the mods there, called Markus S, is German, and a totally trustworthy guy. Therefore, if you were to join pfm and PM him about the matter, you could Paypal him the funds, and he could forward them onto the seller, via bank transfer.

You could put that to Markus first, just to make sure he’s up for it, then inform the seller of the third party involvement, if all is ok. Markus would probably also liaise with the German seller on your behalf, if necessary.

I’d give it a go if you’re really keen to nab the Sony! Pink Fish Media: www.pinkfishmedia.net

Good luck :cool:

Marco.

RobbieGong
14-03-2015, 00:31
Oh I know exactly where you’re coming from, mate. German ebay is always a great place for buying Sony ES gear. I think that’s where a lot of it went ‘back in the day’. That’s where I bought my X-777ES CDP from.

The reason why I mentioned pfm, is because one of the mods there, called Markus S, is German, and a totally trustworthy guy. Therefore, if you were to join pfm and PM him about the matter, you could Paypal him the funds, and he could forward them onto the seller, via bank transfer.

You could put that to Markus first, just to make sure he’s up for it, then inform the seller of the third party involvement, if all is ok. Markus would probably also liaise with the German seller on your behalf, if necessary.

I’d give it a go if you’re really keen to nab the Sony! Pink Fish Media: www.pinkfishmedia.net

Good luck :cool:

Marco.

Big bless Marco, I may look into that. I think one obstacle might be that I'd be going straight in and then looking to do this which might not be permissible from the off on a forum. I dont think the amp I'm after will hang around long. It's already had 6 offers so I'd look to go in sensible rather than take the mick as the BIN is very fair indeed knowing these amps, let alone the option of the BIN.

Marco
14-03-2015, 00:35
If you like, I could have a word with Tony L, the forum’s owner and ask if you could approach Markus about it, as we get on quite well. It’s up to you, dude. It wouldn’t be a problem. Just let me know :)

Marco.

RobbieGong
14-03-2015, 00:43
If you like, I could have a word with Tony L, the forum’s owner and ask if you could approach Markus about it, as we get on quite well. It’s up to you, dude. It wouldn’t be a problem. Just let me know :)

Marco.

Nice one Marco, That's cool, I'd really appreciate that. In the interim I'll wait to see what the seller says if he gets back re my enquiry. I asked him if he'd ship to uk and also said it's a shame no Paypal option as I'd have preferred to use credit card. Keep me posted and I'll do likewise :)

Marco
14-03-2015, 00:45
Okies, no worries. I’ll drop Tony an email tomorrow. Gonna hit the sack soon now.

Marco.

RobbieGong
14-03-2015, 00:48
Okies, no worries. I’ll drop Tony an email tomorrow. Gonna hit the sack soon now.

Marco.

Cheers Marco, Off to release a few zeds myself - knackered ......

The Barbarian
14-03-2015, 13:39
It was a joke, daftee! ;)

Marco.

It does come up quite a bit tho. You get called up to fight for your country no matter if your a German or a Brit.
There should be no animosity between German & British folk then or now. However there is ignorant idiots on both sides.

Floyddroid
14-03-2015, 16:04
For yoy Tommy da war iz over!

Don’t mention the war!

Marco.

Marco
15-03-2015, 12:59
Nice one Marco, That's cool, I'd really appreciate that. In the interim I'll wait to see what the seller says if he gets back re my enquiry. I asked him if he'd ship to uk and also said it's a shame no Paypal option as I'd have preferred to use credit card. Keep me posted and I'll do likewise :)

Hi Rob,

It’s a go-er… Markus is up for it! You have a PM :)

Marco.

twotone
15-03-2015, 13:38
Rob, I've bought a load of stuff from Europe, mainly France, Germany & Italy and I just write in plain English and the sellers normally reply in English, never had a problem with language ever.

I do this because I am the buyer and so set out my side in my own language and it's down to the seller to understand what I'm proposing not the other way round.

This also happens with buyers from other countries too unless they speak or write proper English then they communicate in thier own language.

Tony

BTW, there is a really excellent hi-end Hi-Fi site in Germany, very expensive but the stuff is usually really top quality, sorry I can't recall the name of the site but it's easily found and there's another one that deals in good quality Japanese Hi-Fi with search facilities, think that's something like hi-fi liepzig.de (sp)

There's a link list on AV forums.

dowser
18-03-2015, 18:28
Sorry, a bit late, but I have limited German language skills - just pm me if needed, but as above most will speak passable English anyhow. Note the there is an aversion to PayPal in Germany & Switzerland - standard payment method is electronic bank transfer