PDA

View Full Version : WTD - David Gilmour 2015 tour ticket.

RichB
09-03-2015, 21:08
I'm so gutted I missed out these the other day. If anyone had a spare they wanted to sell to a genuine fan for an honest price please let me know. They all sold out in less than 3 minutes.

Appreciate it's a long shot but it's worth a try I guess.

Beers will be on be me if I get to the gig with you!

337alant
09-03-2015, 21:24
Good luck on getting the tickets Rich, I'd love to go myself as well
First seen Pink Floyd in wembly on the Animals Tour in 1977 we (the girlfriend now wife) slept in the car after as couldn't afford a hotel, great night still have the program.

Alan

RichB
09-03-2015, 21:31
Good luck on getting the tickets Rich, I'd love to go myself as well
First seen Pink Floyd in wembly on the Animals Tour in 1977 we (the girlfriend now wife) slept in the car after as couldn't afford a hotel, great night still have the program.

Alan

Thanks Alan, I've never seen the Floyd but have a seen a few Roger Waters shows in my time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Gilmour finally doing Glastonbury this year. As a Saturday afternoon slot on the pyramid or an acoustic stage headliner he'd be terrific I reckon.

floyd07
10-03-2015, 10:53
Hi folks- new on here ..........seen David in concert a few times but the one that stands out was at the olympia, Paris on the On an Island Tour- was fantastic....Mind at the start of Comf Numb he wasnt happy with the sound and stopped the band- some crazy guy shouted in pigeon english " I know every note- and will play it for you" much to the annoyance of the rest of the crowd ( cringed for him) Anyway he improvised like the true professional and put soul into it-it's been too long since he toured so i am looking forward to Septembers gig at RAH........Yeah Richard i also think if he does an unplugged session at Glastonbury it would suit.......hey ho
Mark

floyd07
10-03-2015, 13:10
I'm so gutted I missed out these the other day. If anyone had a spare they wanted to sell to a genuine fan for an honest price please let me know. They all sold out in less than 3 minutes.

Depends i guess what you mean by an "honest price" Richard?
Regards
Mark

RichB
10-03-2015, 14:57
Not the markup charged by the resellers for sure. I like DG as much as the next guy but 500quid plus is taking the pee by those guys. Most of them seem to be in cahoots with the ticket companies too which is a bloody disgrace.

For a once in a lifetime gig I might pay double the face value but no more. Call it a finders fee. Subsidising those guys leaves a very sour taste in my mouth though and for 500quid I could take my Mrs on a very nice short break or go see a bunch of smaller upcoming artists. I'd be sad to miss a gig by one of my favourite artists but it won't be the end of the world.

floyd07
10-03-2015, 15:42
Fully understand RichB......i have deliberately abstained from contacting the like of Viagogo, Seetickets and the likes for the reasons you gave above and more.........I got my 4 presale on Thursday and even then only certain seats were available in the RAH and few together.

Tim
10-03-2015, 17:48
PM on the way Rich with info ;)

RichB
10-03-2015, 18:12
PM on the way Rich with info ;)

Thanks Tim!

floyd07
11-03-2015, 15:10
Did you get sorted RichB? If not let me know a i have some possible news.

RichB
11-03-2015, 17:06
Did you get sorted RichB? If not let me know a i have some possible news.

Nope, not sorted yet. PM incoming!

Floyddroid
11-03-2015, 21:26
Chubs was on the fone for an hour. All five nights sold out in thirty minutes dude. How mad is that? I guess we will have to pay a fortune for one or wait for the bluray. I have a feeling it may be his last ever gigs too. I am totally gutted. I would have given one of my kidneys for a couple of tickets. I was one of the many lucky people at Newcastle Odeon in 1973 performing Dark Side Of The Moon and two encores that became parts of WYWH and Animals. The Gilmour gigs will be something special too though to quote the Floyd themselves it reeks of a terminal frost. If anyone has a couple of tickets they want to sell please get in touch. I missed out on Big Big Train tickets too, it's not going well!

mikeyb
13-03-2015, 11:55
Hi,

All five nights sold out in thirty minutes dude.

mostly due to ticket resellers buying hundreds purely for profit :( :steam:

Mike.

daytona600
11-06-2015, 22:04
A new David Gilmour solo album "Rattle The Lock" will be released in September 2015.

www.davidgilmourtour.com/new-album.html