PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Keith Monks RCM

montesquieu
08-03-2015, 00:09
I know it's a long shot but ...

anyone got (or know of) a used/ex-dem Keith Monks RCM for sale?

It's always a mistake going to hifi shows but I came back from Bristol looking at my Moth in the corner of my study... there's a reason I only set it up a couple of times a year and it's the hassle and noise factor. Yes it works fine but I had something quieter and a bit more automatic I'd clean more records on the fly rather than piling them up in a guilty corner for a bi-annual blast.

montesquieu
08-03-2015, 20:27
I know it's a long shot but ...

anyone got (or know of) a used/ex-dem Keith Monks RCM for sale?

It's always a mistake going to hifi shows but I came back from Bristol looking at my Moth in the corner of my study... there's a reason I only set it up a couple of times a year and it's the hassle and noise factor. Yes it works fine but I had something quieter and a bit more automatic I'd clean more records on the fly rather than piling them up in a guilty corner for a bi-annual blast.

Looks like I may have just missed a Loricraft 4 :(

Essentially I'l looking for one with the moving nozzle system rather than the ones that have a single slot across the whole diameter.

Audio Al
08-03-2015, 20:48
We sometimes have Grade B stock (Ex-Dem). Please ask either Jane or Terry for further details - terry@garrard501.com or jane@garrard501.com

struth
08-03-2015, 20:50
What! you don't like cleaning records....????? :doh:;)

daytona600
08-03-2015, 21:45
always have Loricrafts & Keith Monks trade ins each month trading up to audio desk ultrasonic RCM

have my Demo Audio Desk £ 1795 ( £ 400 saving ) - 21st RCM and as simple to operate as a toaster
200 LPs per batch at the touch of a button , no cleaning fluids , no brushes , no mess
also cleans far better than a monks or loricraft & fully automatic & Silent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkfiuh5kHhU
https://esecurepayments.co.uk/WebRoot/Daily/Shops/eshop943300/5405/EF65/18D6/00E9/17A7/0A0C/05E8/3F08/vinyl-cleaner.jpg

It helps an LP become the vinyl it always wanted to be, it does that consistently, and I’d struggle to think how unresolving a system you’d need to throw together to not be able to hear the improvement on most records. I give it the strongest recommendation. Alan Sircom, Hi-Fi+ Dec 2014

I've never had so much fun cleaning LPs. I bought the review sample.—Michael Fremer

This is a well-nigh miraculous product that produces results equivalent to a cartridge upgrade. It doesn’t come cheap at close to $4,000. But if you have a high-end system and oodles of LPs, this record cleaning machine is not an option - The Absolute Sound

montesquieu
09-03-2015, 13:12
Plans on hold, turns out I'm not as flush as I thought I was.

Hopefully come bonus time in July .....