PDA

View Full Version : Only one tape input on my amp - suggestions please!

twelvebears
27-08-2009, 07:51
Fellow tapeheads, I have an issue.

My amp only has one tape loop and I have two decks (at present), both of which I'd like to use for record and playback purposes.

Any suggestions that don't involve rewiring phono leads as required?

Spectral Morn
27-08-2009, 08:52
Fellow tapeheads, I have an issue.

My amp only has one tape loop and I have two decks (at present), both of which I'd like to use for record and playback purposes.

Any suggestions that don't involve rewiring phono leads as required?

Yes I have a Realistic three input/output tape switcher listed on E-Bay in the Cassette Recorders/players section..(not the one in the Reel to Reel section,that ones not mine) Link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stereo-Tape-Control-Centre-by-Realistic_W0QQitemZ190330357749QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ UK_CE_Cassette_RL?hash=item2c5092c7f5&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14 If it had not been bid on I would have pulled it and sold it to you. There was no bid last night, there is now.

This will do your job really well. I am only selling it as I got a more high end one from Sony awhile ago.

Regards D S D L

Beechwoods
27-08-2009, 11:47
I only have one deck 'permanently' wired for record, and swap that about as needed.

I have the playback side of each deck switched into my amp like any other source, so can switch playback of each through to my speakers. This is all a bit ad-hoc at the moment, but I'm getting a Behringer 1602 1U rack mixer to handle 8 stereo inputs into 1 stereo output, shortly. Perhaps not the best for fidelity, but when I want fidelity I wire my kit directly to my amp.

The Vinyl Adventure
27-08-2009, 12:03
sony sb300 or sb500 ... i cant remember who it is off here who has one but they are suposed to be good

Spectral Morn
27-08-2009, 12:06
sony sb300 or sb500 ... i cant remember who it is off here who has one but they are suposed to be good

Its me....but they are quite dear and rareish...there are none on E-Bay at the present time.

Regards Neil