PDA

View Full Version : Musical Involevment

Mr. C
01-04-2008, 18:15
Such a widely used term, yet what does it truly mean?
How differing are our opinions when the term is applied.
I am curious, after reading some comments on the latest Heathrow show regarding this.
One such comment with reference to a couple rooms, a lot seem to spend time in, yet created such differing views. Quite opposing even!
Personally the feeling I obtained from the sound was one overall safeness and non inspiring, no musically insight fullness to shake a stick at (yet it did nothing wrong at all), yet others positively over flowed with superlatives.
The question is simple, what/how would YOU describe musical involvement and how it effects your perception of the equipment?

Filterlab
01-04-2008, 19:19
Quite simply for me, if the hi-fi makes me stop and listen to it then it's musically involving. Quite often I'll find myself half way through a dozen tasks because I have the hi-fi on as I'm doing things.

:)

Marco
02-04-2008, 14:10
Yep - simple for me, too: it's equipment or a system that allows you to suspend disbelief. Anything which sounds 'real' (as per my criteria) is musically involving.

Marco.

Steve Toy
03-04-2008, 16:59
By being easy to follow the different strands to a given piece of music and derive a sense of interplay between all of them, a system (and the music played upon it) will hold my attention for more than just a couple of minutes.

As an added bonus the music will move me emotionally where appropriate. Musical involvement is about goose bumps, dewy eyes, big grins, tapping feet and lots of discs scattered all over the floor.

AlanB
04-04-2008, 15:05
Steve you have hit it on the head as far as i am concerned. Well put!!

Marco
04-04-2008, 15:16
Hi Alan,

Welcome to the forum! :)

Marco.