PDA

View Full Version : In-line Headphone volume control

Kit1cat
27-02-2015, 11:08
Any one have any thoughts on using a In-Line volume control between headphones and DAC? I often find myself having to get up and adjust the volume control on my Bushmaster dac to suit what I am listening too. Would a in-line adaptor be a good idea or totally kill the quality or would I be a better off adjusting the digital volume control in my touch via the ipad controller? It's too late for me to start thinking about using replay gain :-) Thanks

walpurgis
27-02-2015, 11:21
Assuming your phones use a 3.5mm jack this might do:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-1M-3-5mm-M-F-Stereo-Headphone-Audio-Extension-Cord-Cable-with-Volume-Control-/301374885887?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Ca bles_Adapters&hash=item462b57cfff

Theadmans
02-03-2015, 19:02
I know there has been a lot of talk about not using the volume control on the Squeezebox Touch but I do not find it to be a problem (I tend to stay above 80% volume though).

I adjust my Bushmaster (and now Capella) headphone volume so that is always loud enough whatever the recording. I then make fine adjustments with the Squeezebox Commander app (using my Tesco Hudl 2 Tablet) once I am lying back on the sofa wearing my HD650s. My ears are very sensitive to things being too loud via headphones so nearly always make some kind of adjustment.

There is nothing more annoying than getting settled on the sofa (with the cushions just so) and then having to get up to alter the volume - trust me I have been doing this for a few years now and it is fine.

Kit1cat
03-03-2015, 10:41
Thanks Geoff, that's the type of thing I have been looking at, but without the long cable. Would prefer 6mm connections, but can only find this one which is a bit pricey.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131441017813?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Adam, I know what you mean about keep having to get up and adjust the volume, your solution could be the best option, I will give it another go, Thanks.