PDA

View Full Version : Hello all,

sife3o
25-08-2009, 17:12
Sorry if this is the second post:
Hi,
My name is Steven and I'm from Reading, Pennsylvania, USA.
My current system is a Kenwood AR-A5080 feeding a University "Theater System" speaker. (You know, the really old stuff: C15W, Cobraflex2, HF-206 with N3 "Acoustic Baton" in a front loaded horn.) Also there is a Marantz 2245, Dual 1019 w/Stanton eliptical, Akai GX-77 reel to reel, JVC AL-A158, Pioneer PD-M40 and Sony TC-WR570. None of which has seen much activity since about 2000. That's when the Lansonic DAS-750 entered the picture.

My most played recordings are Classical and Blues. With a smattering of Latin, New Age, World, and Country (? how did that get in there?). Artists I like are I Solisti Di Zagreb, Romeros, Loreena McKennitt.

I hope to learn a bunch here.

Regards,
Steven

DSJR
25-08-2009, 17:16
Welcome!

I'm afraid the only bit of your kit I know is the Dual 1019, a deck I'm hugely fond of and ripe for a tolerant (of VTA) modern cartridge (I used a Linn K9 in one with no probs).

If you've been lurking, you'll know the drill - pics etc...;)

Beechwoods
25-08-2009, 18:18
Welcome Steven! That Akai GX-77 you've got is a lovely looking reel to reel - from back when manufacturers were really worrying about the threat from cassette - lovely small form-factor. I seriously considered getting one, but ended up getting a Pioneer RT-707. I hope you still get some use out of your machine!

Here's a gratuitous pic for those not familiar with said beast :)

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/beechwoods/akaigx77s2.jpg

A reel to reel and into Country. You sure have got excellent taste ;) I hope you enjoy it here.

Alex_UK
25-08-2009, 21:02
Hi Steven, thanks for joining, difficult for me to judge as I am only just past being a newbie myself, but there appears to have been a great influx of new-blood just lately - which is hardly surprising as this is the best place to be if you want to "chew the cud" on all things hi-fi, and also music in general. Oh, and I'm pretty sure they don't bite, either! I have no experience of any of your kit, but look forward to seeing some pretty pictures!

sife3o
28-08-2009, 16:59
Haven't been lurking..yet. Found out about the pics by reading other intros, and then the welcome post. So, I'll be posting some. I thought I'd have a couple of weeks to chat about this stuff, but it turns out we're headed to the beach shortly. I'll post when I get back. Thanks all! :)

Ummm, do pics go here or into the forum of what they are? :confused:

Regards,
Steven

The Grand Wazoo
28-08-2009, 17:04
Hi Steve,
Stick your photos into this place:
http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14

- start yourself a thread & off you go.
There's a thread there to give you instructions on how to do it if you don't know.

Welcome

Spectral Morn
28-08-2009, 17:05
Haven't been lurking..yet. Found out about the pics by reading other intros, and then the welcome post. So, I'll be posting some. I thought I'd have a couple of weeks to chat about this stuff, but it turns out we're headed to the beach shortly. I'll post when I get back. Thanks all! :)

Ummm, do pics go here or into the forum of what they are? :confused:

Regards,
Steven

Hi Steven

Photos go in the Gallery section of forum right next door to this section.

Welcome to AOS, nice to have another reeler on the forum. Have fun.

Regards D S D L