PDA

View Full Version : Hello, bonjour from "la belle province" Montreal Quebec in Canada

Sillver79
22-02-2015, 18:20
Hello everyone, bonjour,
I'm from a Montreal, Canada. I work in the in automobile industry, I fact I sell British cars - Bentley, Aston Martin , Range Rover and Jaguars. I got back into hifi in 2012- I started using my Sears proffessional system that my mom kept all these years :) I usually roam AudioKarma but I find that lately, there is no interesting posts or articles. Presently I am the proud owner of some Vintage Mcintosh gear- a C28 pre-amp powered by the MC2505 with a MR74 tuner. I love my Sansui SR-929 turntable with a Audio Technica Signet TK7e cartridge. I just picked up a nice Thorens TD160 tt that I am cleaning and getting ready to use as a back up. My latest speakers are Vandersteen C2e that I really love almost as much as my Chartwell PM400 I also have Dynaco A25 XL in mint shape. I like all kinds of music, rock, disco, some blues especially Stevie Ray vaughan, joe Bonamassa and I am really liking a new Montreal band (I just saw in concert) The Barr Brothers - you guys should listen to them.....so here it is I'll post picturs later on.
Thank you for having me.

The Barbarian
22-02-2015, 18:22
Welcome Maurice
Im suprised to see Chartwell 'PM400' over there

Sillver79
22-02-2015, 18:30
Yes I really love them, they are smooth and warm...they are rare here.

struth
22-02-2015, 18:47
Welcome to AoS Maurice. Nice gear the Macs and another vintage thorens owner ..... quite fond of Stevie Ray , joe Bonamassa as well.

regards Grant

CageyH
22-02-2015, 18:53
Maurice, bienvenue chez AoS.
It must be nice hearing the fantastic noise the Astons make, and then go home and listen to good music.

The Barbarian
22-02-2015, 19:02
Greatest car in the world imho

:sofa:

Eagle owl
22-02-2015, 19:35
Hello and welcome Maurice.

Geoff. :wave:

walpurgis
22-02-2015, 19:45
Hello Maurice. Welcome to AOS.

Some nice and interesting equipment you have.

Nice to see that some PM400 Chartwells survive. They are now rare here too. I had a pair many years ago, they were good speakers.

The TK7e is another rarity. I've never used one, but recall that they were well regarded.

Please feel free to post some equipment photos in our Gallery section, they'd be appreciated.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Sillver79
22-02-2015, 21:54
I definitely will some pictures thank you for the warm welcome Geoff,

Sillver79
22-02-2015, 21:58
The Aston do have a sweat sound, the F-type jags roar on the other hand :D coming home after words to listen to some tunes is very rewarding.....just picked up Amy Winehouse's Back to Black LP I love her, what a loss!