PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Related Problems

icehockeyboy
22-02-2015, 11:00
And before anyone suggests going into the SB forum, I have, and I'm waiting to reply to a post, except the bloody system has decided that I'm not entering the correct info etc to get in!

Anyway, yesterday I replaced my iPad, saved all the stuff off the old one, stuck it in the new one, everything there, except now it won't 'find' my SB Touch's.

Also my Deezer app has disappeared from the iPad too, it's still there on the actual SBT thankfully.

Any of you clever type folk on the forum shine a light on the problem please?

Thanks in advance!

Markiii
22-02-2015, 11:09
when you say it won't find them, what app on the ipad are you using to "find" them?

icehockeyboy
22-02-2015, 11:17
when you say it won't find them, what app on the ipad are you using to "find" them?

Sorry, should have said iPeng 8

It gets as far as displaying the ' multi player' box, but it won't open the player when touched.

Stratmangler
22-02-2015, 13:08
Hi Craig

Your problem doesn't sound that dissimilar to one I encounter when there's an LMS update available on the Zyxel (my NAS is a NSA310) site, whereby the tab I have on my browser doesn't connect through to LMS running on the NAS after updating things.
You should find things will work if you uninstall things where they still exist, rebooting everything that runs from the app and then reinstalling the app.

The reason your iPad won't fully run things despite having loaded everything from backup is because it is a different device with a different Mac address - even if your new iPad occupies the same IP address the Mac address dictates that it is not the same network connection, so certain links have effectively been broken.

Have fun :cool:

icehockeyboy
22-02-2015, 15:27
Hi Chris,

So how do I mend them?

Somehow managed to get it to 'see' both machines, but when I go to App Gallery, it says it can't resolve the IP address for Squeezebox.com.

Don't know if it's relavent, but if I switch to Squeezbox.com from the player I have named as USB TOuch, the players cannot be found again......

icehockeyboy
22-02-2015, 18:23
Music is playing, but my Deezer Premium app has disappeared from the iPeng controller, it's still there on the Touch however.

Can someone help in getting it restored please?

Stratmangler
22-02-2015, 19:48
Music is playing, but my Deezer Premium app has disappeared from the iPeng controller, it's still there on the Touch however.

Can someone help in getting it restored please?

You should find things will work if you uninstall things where they still exist, rebooting everything that runs from the app and then reinstalling the app. And by reinstalling I mean do a fresh installation, not copying stuff across from a backup.
Are you running from LMS or TinySC?

icehockeyboy
23-02-2015, 08:07
Hi Chris,

I'm running from LMS.

Odd thing, sure I've mentioned it somewhere, if I switch on to the main player, which is the one linked to a hard drive and called 'Touch USB', both players seem to be there.

However, if I change the music source to LMS, neither Touch can be located.

Re Deezer, I can no longer find any sign of it on the iPad, but it's still there and working straight from the Touch.

Stratmangler
23-02-2015, 09:03
I don't know what to suggest Craig - I don't run anything Apple here, so I have no experience of iPeng and what have you.
Pippin over on the Slim Devices forum has Apple product listed in his/her signature, and has responded to your post - you're likely to get better advice over there.

Markiii
23-02-2015, 09:24
if you have a touch with attached hard drive does that mean your using Tiny LMS on that touch as well as full LMS elsewhere?

Gazjam
23-02-2015, 09:26
Hi Craig,
been away from Squeezebox for a few years but experience taught me that 95% of problems were network related.
So lets reset your Network to get rid of any gremlins in there.
Worth a try. :)

Switch everything off.
Switch back on in this order.:
1 Modem
2 Router (or combined box if you have one of those)
3 Server or NAS
4 Squeezebox

When everythings up and running in Windows do this.
1.Press windows key and type "CMD"Right-click on cmd in the search results for Programs, and select Run as administrator
2. Paste this into the DOS box - "netsh winsock reset"
3 Restart computer

See what happens then.

icehockeyboy
23-02-2015, 12:38
Markiii, i assume so.....in all honesty I dont really know....sorry!

Gaz, Im chasing my own tail on the SB forum as I got sent a new password to log in with...I try and use it and I get the wrong username/password message, which I know is bollox!

Markiii
23-02-2015, 13:28
not trying to be funny fella, but if you can't tell us this stuff, its really difficult to help you troubleshoot, a basic undertsanding of what your doing (even if its not necessarily correct) is essential

Markiii
23-02-2015, 19:35
ok been giving this some thought

tell me if any of this is wrong

you have at least 2 Touches?
One of them has a USB drive plugged in with Music
You are running LMS on another rmachine

What version of LMS are you running and what platform (windows/linux)?. if on a NAS, what make and model?

I suggest trying the following tests

If you turn off or unplug network from the box running LMS, can you still see the Touches and play the music on all of them from the USB hard drive (whilst leaving the hard drive plugged into the same Touch it currently is?

If you leave the box running LMS on, but turn off or unplug the network from the touch which has the USB drive connected, can you still see the Other Touch/s and play music from the LMS box?

Gazjam
23-02-2015, 19:50
Craig,
Get a CD player. :ner:

icehockeyboy
24-02-2015, 18:31
Thinking about wiping the Touch, registering a different name, and going from the start again..any suggestions gents?

Gazjam
24-02-2015, 20:52
Did you try the network reset I mentioned earlier Craig?

Mark Grant
24-02-2015, 21:47
Craig,
Get a CD player. :ner:

They're just so last century, I was going to suggest a Sonos, almost plug and play.

Hope Craig gets it sorted :)

Stratmangler
24-02-2015, 22:01
I'm running from LMS

Which device on your network is running LMS?

Gazjam
24-02-2015, 22:10
They're just so last century, I was going to suggest a Sonos, almost plug and play.

Hope Craig gets it sorted :)

True 'dat.
Me too Mark.

Markiii
24-02-2015, 22:41
If you can answer my previous questions might have a fighting chance of making a diagnosis

icehockeyboy
27-02-2015, 16:58
Sorry guys....wasn't being ignorant, I had a few far more important issues to resolve until today!

Now, despite doing everything the nice lady at Logitech told me to do previously, I couldn't get the bloody thing to find any players, so why is it when she was on the other end of the phone it magically found them doing only what I'd done at least a dozen times before!

I reckon they have a button that they press to magically allow things to work only after they have been involved.

Thanks for your input, you may now stand down.

Oh, all that was seemingly needed was a factory reset, ( already did 5 or more)
And create yet another account ( already did 5 or more.)

Still can't get my ipeng8 app to work, but Logitechs own version is doing so splendidly, so I won't be bothering.

It's still not finding any players by the way.

Signed : yours baffled to buggery.

Stratmangler
27-02-2015, 18:40
Hi Craig

I'm still non the wiser!
What required a reset?

:cool:

Gazjam
27-02-2015, 19:25
Craig,
I'd contact Pippin over on the Squeezebox forums, he's a really helpful guy and will do his best to get Ipeng working for you.

icehockeyboy
27-02-2015, 22:35
Gaz, I've lost it with that forum!
One minute it lets me in, the next it says my email and password don't match!

I am currently not able to get back in, so if you are over there, please say thanks to him for me would you? :)��

icehockeyboy
27-02-2015, 22:36
The Touch Chris.

Stratmangler
28-02-2015, 00:46
I have been having a play, and I've found at least one thing that may lead to confusion.
When I activate the Touch's internal server is announces itself as Logitech Media Server. It is not the full fat version, which is why it is referred to as TinySC.
To anyone unfamiliar with Squeezebox prior to the release of the Touch they will be running LMS, when in fact it is the lite version.

I believe you are running the lite version Craig, so you are running TinySC, not LMS.

The reason I believe you are running TinySC is that you have a USB HDD hanging out of one of the players, so you're running some sort of localised music server (ie the one in your Touch player with the HDD hanging off it).

Now as a result of playing around I ascertain that I can switch between the various servers on my network by changing the accessed server at the player, so if I get up and go to the Living Room player and control it locally (ie touching the screen or using the IR remote control) I can switch between a couple of servers (in my case I have one called Zyxel NSA310, and one called Living Room SD).
If I switch to Living Room SD I move across to the TinySC server, and I can see and access the player and server from the Squeeze Commander app I have running on my Smartphone.

I can also point the other Touch player at Living Room SD, so both devices can access the internal server built into one of the players.
These players automatically show themselves to be connected on Squeeze Commander (ie my control app).

From what I can work out you might well need to point the players at the TinySC server, and the control app should just sort itself out.
You probably only have one server option, so choose that. It will help considerably if you have named your players - Jim or Bob or Ian will do, and they're a lot shorter to enter than "Conservatory" or "Utility Room" ....
The app on your iPad should be capable of tracking the changes - "should" is the word here, and I can't guarantee that this will be the case ;)

Markiii
28-02-2015, 08:31
that pretty much summed up what I was thinking, and what I hoped my questions would prove