PDA

View Full Version : Arcam DT91 - FM & DAB Tuner

Ripley's Cat
21-02-2015, 15:16
Hi Folks,

A move to almost-entirely internet radio around the house has prompted the sale of this Arcam DT91 FM & DAB Tuner.

Usual specs, although Arcam chose to run both the DAB and FM signals through the Wolfson DAC. In essence, the FM signal goes through both Analogue-Digital and then Digital-Analgoue conversion. Enough to make any purist wince. On the plus side, the tuner is able to output both DAB and FM signals digitally . . . could be useful for digital recording, one might suggest?

Fine & dandy then. Hmm - READ CAREFULLY (!) - Fine, albeit the display went belly-up some time ago. In fact, it is now a misnomer, as it no longer displays, if you see what I mean. A conversation with Arcam revealed a £130&something repair bill.

In use, wasn't a huge problem for me, as my favourite stations were already stored in the pre-sets. I warn you now though, tuning without any kind of display is a real PITA. Seriously. It can be done, but expect swearing to be the soundtrack to the process.

So - in summary, a great tuner with a shagged display. Somewhat of a curate's egg, then.

Arcam spec:
http://www.arcam.co.uk/products,diva-dt91-dabfm-tuner.htm

Any takers at £45 collected? (Washingborough, Lincs . . . free cup of tea and potato.) Can be posted for £60 . . .

dantheman91
21-02-2015, 16:03
Hi Matt,

Long time no hear i hope the move went well. Do you still have the Audiolab gear you bought from us? Also do you still have them mini goodmans speakers we also sold you and that Technics amp if i am right? just reminiscing if it was you :scratch:

Thanks
Dan

Ripley's Cat
21-02-2015, 16:26
Hi Dan -

Good to hear from you, buddy. Yup - move went well - four years now, would you believe . . . ?
Not bad on the memory side of things, Dan; from your good self (& Dad), I bought a pair of Goodmans speakers, a pair of Mission 760i, Atacama SE24 speaker stands, QED silver anniversary speaker cable and of course, the Audiolab pair. But no Technics . . .

Out of that lot, I still have the speaker stands - and that's it! I sold the Audiolab pair along with my Quad 303/33 to buy my 405 (with Net Audio Mk3 upgrades) and Quad 99 Pre. Haven't seen the need to upgrade since - and I've had the 99/405 pair for three years now - I think I've reached the point where to upgrade would cost me an arm and a leg . . .

Hope you're well, buddy. I see from your sig that you've now at least three systems, you lucky beggar!

dantheman91
21-02-2015, 17:01
Hi Dan -

Good to hear from you, buddy. Yup - move went well - four years now, would you believe . . . ?
Not bad on the memory side of things, Dan; from your good self (& Dad), I bought a pair of Goodmans speakers, a pair of Mission 760i, Atacama SE24 speaker stands, QED silver anniversary speaker cable and of course, the Audiolab pair. But no Technics . . .

Out of that lot, I still have the speaker stands - and that's it! I sold the Audiolab pair along with my Quad 303/33 to buy my 405 (with Net Audio Mk3 upgrades) and Quad 99 Pre. Haven't seen the need to upgrade since - and I've had the 99/405 pair for three years now - I think I've reached the point where to upgrade would cost me an arm and a leg . . .

Hope you're well, buddy. I see from your sig that you've now at least three systems, you lucky beggar!

Hi Matt,

Yes we are both well bud and yes the haul is getting bigger that on my sig is not even half of what i actually have and use :fingers:. I still have my old Quadies the 405 we have has the MK2 Boards but is a good work horse i got it local with a 33 pre and a pair of B&W Transmission Line Speakers :D Love them. Also a pair of Audio Note ANJ/D speakers = :) Stunning. I remember them mini goodmans were actually quite good from what i remember i forgot about them missions which everyone raves about so you did good their:eek:. Did you find the Lab stuff clinical we did :scratch: maybe it was our match at the time think it was a BIG pair of Tannoy HPD's.

Anyway dude nice for a little chat now and agai

crippsy
22-02-2015, 03:24
PM Sent.

Ripley's Cat
22-02-2015, 11:13
PM replied.

Ripley's Cat
24-02-2015, 06:51
Bump & 'still for sale' type of notification.

Now £40 collected (Washingborough, Lincs) or £55 delivered.

Any takers before she heads off to the 'Bay . . . .?