PDA

View Full Version : Back to the drawingboard for AVI ADM9's

Chris Frost
01-04-2008, 09:27
In a surprise move that shocked the Hi-Fi and PC audio world electronics and speaker manufacturer AVI announced a product recall of it's ADM9 powered loudspeakers.

Previously a strong advocate of PC audio as the new way forward for the Hi-Fi industry, product spokesman James Ashley revealed the decision in an exclusive interview with Flora Opil, Technology Editor of internet publication Gear Magazine. The interview held last month had been embargoed until 00.01 Hrs today to give the company time to prepare for the inevitable backlash from consumers and dealers.

When questioned specifically about the real reason for the recall, Ashley was refreshingly direct, "No matter how we spin it PC audio is a bit rubbish really. Thank God we have some normal product to fall back on."

When asked how the Beta testers had reacted to the news Ashley was equally candid, "In the main very well Though one chap from Birmingham took it a bit hard. He has been taken to hospital suffering some sort of mental breakdown. The team and I at AVI have sent messages of support for his speedy recovery."

Update: Flora Opil "It was all a dream!"

Apparently she had dreamed for a year of having an exclusive and breaking such a major story. Clearly her subconscious provided her with what she craved most. Realising her mistake she issued the following retraction at 12.01 Hrs, April 1st, 2008.

"Sorry folks. It's all a big mistake. I'm just glad it happened today when there are so many spurious stories floating around. I apologise to anyone who might have been distressed by the story; and in particular the chap from Birmingham who I understand was already in a very fragile mental state."

So it was all a big hoax, folks.

Filterlab
01-04-2008, 09:59
NO WAY! :confused:

No matter how we spin it PC audio is a bit rubbish really

Maybe he should have a listen to my set up, it may change his (decidedly confused) mind. :)

Marco
01-04-2008, 10:57
That was quite funny, Chris :lolsign:

I'm a little confused though at what has prompted the sudden witty repartee?

Marco.

Alan
01-04-2008, 11:16
D'oh! It's gone midday already!......:doh::lol:

Filterlab
01-04-2008, 11:30
D'oh! It's gone midday already!......:doh::lol:

Yeah, he got me too.

Very good Chris, you're banned. :steam: :lol: :lol:

Marco
01-04-2008, 11:35
Yes indeed! :eyebrows:

I still feel it has a signficant resonance ;)

Marco.

Chris Frost
01-04-2008, 12:57
Very good Chris, you're banned. :steam: :lol: :lol:ROTFLMA

Filterlab
01-04-2008, 13:07
:D

Chris Frost
01-04-2008, 13:38
That was quite funny, Chris :lolsign:

I'm a little confused though at what has prompted the sudden witty repartee?

Marco.Dunno, must be the time of year ;)

:lolsign: