PDA

View Full Version : WTF????

icehockeyboy
16-02-2015, 16:05
What is it with some members here?

Re the wanted ad I placed, I had a reply from a guy, no name mentioned ...yet! But he replied saying he could offer me the cable with a 10% discount through his company, to which I Very Politely replied...
"Hi P***, Very Kind of you, but I believe I can blag at least that from where I bought my other Van Damme stuff from, regards, Craig.

I then find a not overly nice reply from him : "Oh well, pardon me for trying to be helpful!

This is probably why I don't bother with AOS anymore."

"I was offering custom built with a choice of terminations, but you go ahead and 'blag'

Erm, excuse me for asking...but was I at anytime impolite or something, to get a reply like that?

Yours sincerely, gobsmacked of Nottingham

Spectral Morn
16-02-2015, 16:26
If you feel an AOS member, normal or trade has/or is made/making you feel uncomfortable then bring it to the attention of the Mod team and Marco if a normal member and if trade then Marco is the best man for the complaint to be made to.

We want members to feel comfortable and happy on AOS and anything that ruins that will be looked at if a complaint is made.

Regards Neil

Marco
16-02-2015, 16:27
The use of the word "blag" probably didn't help... ;)

It has certain discourteous connotations that some folk may be more sensitive to than others. It could also be argued that your response seemed a little ungracious, although I'm sure that's not how you intended it to come across.

Marco.

icehockeyboy
16-02-2015, 16:52

It has certain discourteous connotations that some folk may be more sensitive to than others. It could also be argued that your response seemed a little ungracious, although I'm sure that's not how you intended it to come across.

Marco.

Abso flipping lutely I didn't intend it to come across like that!

And how on earth can a reply that starts with "Very Kind of you" be misconstrued to be anything other than polite???

Yomanze
16-02-2015, 21:17
Reminds me of those posts on Facebook when a pissed off girlfriend vents about that thing their boyfriend or ex-boyfriend did. :D

Some misunderstanding via PM isn't representative of an entire forum community, but am sure you'll feel better in the morning. :D

Audio Al
16-02-2015, 21:28
Hi , Is this the add ?

(Got an itch, so if you are selling the above, give me a shout please! )

If it is I can't see a problem , Whoever P*** is contacted you offering a pair at a discount price , You only need to say yes or no , after all he is selling them ( you did ask ) and he did ( give you a shout )

Chill

;)

icehockeyboy
16-02-2015, 22:06
II
Hi , Is this the add ?

(Got an itch, so if you are selling the above, give me a shout please! )

If it is I can't see a problem , Whoever P*** is contacted you offering a pair at a discount price , You only need to say yes or no , after all he is selling them ( you did ask ) and he did ( give you a shout )

Chill

;)

No, it isn't the ad.

And the person involved wrote " My company has a trade account with VD, and we can supply you with some with a 10% discount"

Why should I be berated just because I politely pointed out that I could probably already get that same discount already?

As for just saying no, which obviously I would put 'thanks' after it, I would expect a question along the lines of, " well hang on, you said you were after some, did you get some already?

And then I at that stage would explain I could already get the same discount elsewhere, so why Involve someone else?

My reply, in the way I wrote it was used to save time.

walpurgis
16-02-2015, 22:23
'Water under the bridge' and all that.

awkwardbydesign
16-02-2015, 22:37
Well, I've got some, but I'm not selling them now! :rofl:

Gazjam
16-02-2015, 23:25
sheesh..better than Netflix.
stuffin' nonsense....some folk need to grow a pair.

sorry..but 'tis true.

walpurgis
16-02-2015, 23:35
sheesh..better than Netflix.
stuffin' nonsense....some folk need to grow a pair.

sorry..but 'tis true.

What is?

icehockeyboy
17-02-2015, 07:54
Why do some people have to blow things out of all proportion, and make ridiculous comments?

All I was pointing out was that I got what I consider to be a rather rude, unnecessary reply to a post.

And if the PM's ive received are anything to go by, others share my thoughts.

End of..

awkwardbydesign
17-02-2015, 09:23

Marco.

Abso flipping lutely I didn't intend it to come across like that!

And how on earth can a reply that starts with "Very Kind of you" be misconstrued to be anything other than polite???

Combine "blag" with "very kind of you" and it sounds like sarcasm. Are you sure it wasn't ? His response was understandable in that case.

Wakefield Turntables
17-02-2015, 09:45
I bet you wish you never started this thread :eek:

CageyH
17-02-2015, 10:03
C'est une blague?

awkwardbydesign
17-02-2015, 11:25
:lol: It reminds me of the thread on another forum where someone posted a video of bad driving by another driver and everyone pointed out it was HIS driving that caused the problem. IIRC he deleted the video eventually. :doh:
I think this is a simple misunderstanding, though. No tone of voice in a written post, unfortunately.

struth
17-02-2015, 11:33
:lol: It reminds me of the thread on another forum where someone posted a video of bad driving by another driver and everyone pointed out it was HIS driving that caused the problem. IIRC he deleted the video eventually. :doh:
I think this is a simple misunderstanding, though. No tone of voice in a written post, unfortunately.

spot on...it is very easy to misinterpretate the typed word. this is true in both both directions and how things get out of proportion. the addition of smillies sometimes helps

awkwardbydesign
17-02-2015, 13:33
the addition of smillies sometimes helps
But even that looks like sarcasm sometimes.

The Barbarian
17-02-2015, 13:45
What you lot trying to do put craig in the mindset where he wants to leave this place or at least not post again?

struth
17-02-2015, 13:53
What you lot trying to do put craig in the mindset where he wants to leave this place or at least not post again?

quite the opposite Andre. just trying to say that even if you percieve something to be cheeky you can if you want to retaliate with a smile etc. There are choices

icehockeyboy
17-02-2015, 14:41

Methinks you are right!

icehockeyboy
17-02-2015, 14:43

I was thinking that.

It looks like it has turned into a forum like the one I no longer frequent.

I think we all know the one I'm referring to.

awkwardbydesign
17-02-2015, 14:49
I think some of us were trying to point out that his reply may not have been as rude as you thought. Similarly your answer to him may not have been as rude as HE thought. Or may have seemed more rude than YOU thought.
But if you post looking for agreement you may not get it. Surely that's reasonable?

Spectral Morn
17-02-2015, 15:11
I was thinking that.

It looks like it has turned into a forum like the one I no longer frequent.

I think we all know the one I'm referring to.

I think AoS would have to slide quiet far to get to that level. As I said any behaviour makes you feel uncomfortable report to us or Marco.

Anyway I hope you don't leave the forum.

Regards Neil

Barry
17-02-2015, 15:47
I think AoS would have to slide quiet far to get to that level. As I said any behaviour makes you feel uncomfortable report to us or Marco.

Anyway I hope you don't leave the forum.

Regards Neil

+1

icehockeyboy
17-02-2015, 16:46
"Oh, well pardon me for trying to be helpful ......how would YOU deem this type of reply?

I personally have never encountered this type of reply meant in a 'nice ' way, only a sarcastic one.

Especially when my prior answer to him was " Thanks P...., very kind of you. .?

awkwardbydesign
17-02-2015, 17:27
I fear you're missing the point here. Your reply to him probably sounded dismissive (to him) which is why he responded in that fashion. Try speaking your reply in a sarcastic tone and see if it was possible he read it that way. Just trying to help. And that is NOT meant sarcastically.

The Barbarian
17-02-2015, 17:45
:rolleyes:

icehockeyboy
17-02-2015, 17:47
I fear you're missing the point here. Your reply to him probably sounded dismissive (to him) which is why he responded in that fashion. Try speaking your reply in a sarcastic tone and see if it was possible he read it that way. Just trying to help. And that is NOT meant sarcastically.

Surely the "that's why I don't bother with AOS anymore" hints that it wasn't meant in an overly nice way?

walpurgis
17-02-2015, 18:23
:violin:

CageyH
17-02-2015, 18:50
Craig,

Put it down to a misunderstanding and move on.
Other suppliers here have also been calling the membership "tight arses", but I think it's meant in jest. :scratch:

awkwardbydesign
17-02-2015, 18:54
Surely the "that's why I don't bother with AOS anymore" hints that it wasn't meant in an overly nice way?
Never said it was. But it looks like he was responding to what he saw as a rude and dismissive reply from you. Can you really not see that?
Anyway, I don't think this is getting through, so it's all yours.

twickers
17-02-2015, 20:12
Why do some people have to blow things out of all proportion, and make ridiculous comments?

All I was pointing out was that I got what I consider to be a rather rude, unnecessary reply to a post.

And if the PM's ive received are anything to go by, others share my thoughts.

End of..

Exactly. Why have you blown this out of proportion.;)

walpurgis
17-02-2015, 20:15
:whistle:

Gazjam
24-02-2015, 11:37
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq61/gazjamster/giphy.gif (http://s434.photobucket.com/user/gazjamster/media/giphy.gif.html)

walpurgis
24-02-2015, 11:52
It's Nissan crash testing their latest development prototype.

hughandella
30-05-2015, 10:53
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq61/gazjamster/giphy.gif (http://s434.photobucket.com/user/gazjamster/media/giphy.gif.html):lol: