PDA

View Full Version : Hello and advice

Cadwallader
13-02-2015, 18:04
Dear All

Simon from Chiswick, West London introducing myself.

I've not posted to this forum before but I want to post notice on the for sale section that I will very shortly be selling some rather nice speakers. I am not in possession of the speakers yet but will be shortly and want to gauge the level of interest/let people know in advance. Would this be OK?

Simon

PS Arcam Solo Movie 7.1, Muso and Logo

Barry
17-02-2015, 16:44
Hello Simon and welcome to AoS.

I hope you haven't joined simply to sell your speakers. We would much rather you told us a little about yourself, describe your system and let us know what your tastes in music are.

When you have done that, you can then put up your speakers for sale - as long as the advertisment is accompanied by photographs of the actual speakers you want to sell. You will not be able to receive or reply to any Personal Messages from any interested party until you have made a few posts yourself (I think the minimum number is 6).

So get stuck in and then you can advertise your speakers. :)

Regards
Barry

struth
17-02-2015, 17:36
Ditto to the above. You will stand a better chance of selling something if you join in and make acquaintances etc.

Eagle owl
17-02-2015, 19:24
Hello and welcome Simon.

Geoff. :wave:

Cadwallader
22-02-2015, 11:53
Hello all three. Sorry I certainly don't want to come on to a forum and offend and many thanks for your responses. I had assumed that I would receive notification via email that others had replied so I didn't check this for a while. In truth my post is really to get advice of where to sell this equipment. I hate to say it but I'm really a novice in the world of HiFi having limited budget, mediocre hearing and in truth I fell out of love with most music some years ago (thank the lord for BBC6 though). Ironically the kit I mention in my PS was given to me by that chap I am selling the speakers for. I think its probably best to put them onto ebay when they come through.

BTW what do people listen to music wise when your 50. Pop has no appeal, jazz can be good but tends to irritate after a while and I never had a good grounding in classical. The closest I get to excited is some of the output of BBC6. I would be interested to hear your views.

struth
22-02-2015, 12:00
depends jazz wise..its a big field as is the blues. I tend to listen to the likes of nina simone and ella fitzgerald styl. these days. pop wise i find paul simons output to be tremendous quality..
also big band jazz with style try big bad voodoo daddy