PDA

View Full Version : FS: Kralk Audio DLTPS Mk1, black

Spev
13-02-2015, 17:08
I bought these the other day direct from Alan at Kralk Audio to try out at home but I prefer my existing speakers. Before I send back to Alan I thought I'd see if there was any interest here. They're in excellent condition, boxed, and come with setup instructions and a test cd of frequency tones to assist in getting the best bass response from the listening position. Photos are on the ebay ad:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kralk-Audio-DTLPS-1-Mk1-Transmission-line-monitor-Speakers-black-ash-/221686268593?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=rXLhyaFZxdqe3h4ifie8nxSScwg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

And taken from the ad:

http://www.spev.co.uk/dtlps.jpg

http://www.spev.co.uk/dtlps2.jpg

Looking to get back what I paid: £300 plus postage. RRP was £749

I'm a long standing member on pfm and wigwam btw (James Evans). But relatively new over here.

From the ebay ad:

" This weeks special offer is a pair of our Mk1 DTLPS-1s, these are customer trade ins, and they have been refurbished and come with a 5 year warranty, the MK1 was originally called the atlps-1 but the name had to be changed due to a trade mark conflict and are now DTLPS-Mk1's
they were designed for studio or domestic use and can be used either on the side or standing upright,they have magnetic provision on the side and bottom of the cabinets for when the speaker grills are removed,the cabinets are also compatible with the XB-1 bass extenders which turns the speakers into quite a formidable floor-standing speaker,
Power handling is up to 150 watts with a recommended amplifier rating of 20 to 150 watts, sensitivity is 89dB @ 1 watt..
cabinet size 298 X 183 X 280mm hwd. finished in Real wood black ash veneer,
these speakers feature the DTLPS system which uses a folded internal cabinet to extend the bass response and they are not suitable for wall mounting, they need to be at least 12 inches from the wall on stands for the system to work properly, on a mixing desk as a near field monitor they should be used on their side with the high frequency units to the centre,
The sound quality is very tight and controlled with excellent midrange and vocals, the treble is smooth and easy on the ear, a very dynamic performer for a speaker under a foot tall,
these were £749 when new, now £320 refurbished and with a full 5 year warranty and free UK post and packing,
sold on a first come first served basis as these are trade in models one pair only, to buy the DTLPS-1 Mk2 new please purchase through the kralkaudio web page...please visit our web site and dont forget to check out our facebook page Kralk Audio for product news and events for 2015"

struth
13-02-2015, 17:23
As per rules photos must accompany sales threads.
Failure to do so will result in thread deletion

Spev
13-02-2015, 17:34
Apologies, couple of photos added.

struth
13-02-2015, 18:14
thanks james...lovely looking speakers

Spev
13-02-2015, 18:21
Thanks, yes, they are very nice, and different to what I have, but I just prefer the current residents. These are very clean and neutral indeed - voices and acoustic instruments sound superb, but I lean towards the warm side I'm starting to realise. At some point I really do need to investigate valves...