PDA

View Full Version : WTD: Jelco Mounting plate for Technics

keiron99
10-02-2015, 10:04
I'm considering purchasing a Jelco 750D arm for my Technics SL1210 turntable.

Obviously this necessitates the purchase of a new mounting plate.

Please let me know if you happen to have one available.

:)

keiron99
22-04-2015, 12:46
Still looking.

montesquieu
22-04-2015, 12:51
Speedy Steve will do you one (look in the trade section).

I have a Shuggy/Ammonite Audio collar going spare in silver if you need it (much more secure than the standard collar which can cause misalignment due to its design).

cheers

Tom

keiron99
22-04-2015, 13:15
Speedy Steve will do you one (look in the trade section).

I daren't even ask the price...!

I have a Shuggy/Ammonite Audio collar going spare in silver if you need it (much more secure than the standard collar which can cause misalignment due to its design).

Well, I was thinking of going for an all black arm but should I change my mind, I will let you know. (I assume it could quite easily be sprayed anyway?)

montesquieu
22-04-2015, 13:19
I daren't even ask the price...!

Steve really isn't that scary .... or indeed that expensive ... worth a PM surely?

Well, I was thinking of going for an all black arm but should I change my mind, I will let you know. (I assume it could quite easily be sprayed anyway?)

It's beautifully finished alloy, I wouldn't spray it ... and again a new one isn't all that expensive http://ammonite-acoustics.co.uk/product-category/jelco_accessories/

Then of course you have the satisfaction of dealing with two of the Forum's finest.

Andrei
22-04-2015, 22:39
Keiron
I have a mounting plate and a Shuggie Collar that I am happy to see go to a good home. Let me know if you are interested and I will check out shipping.

keiron99
23-04-2015, 12:16
Keiron
I have a mounting plate and a Shuggie Collar that I am happy to see go to a good home. Let me know if you are interested and I will check out shipping.

PM sent.

keiron99
26-04-2015, 05:41
Hi Andrei, did you get my message?

Andrei
26-04-2015, 08:00
Hi Andrei, did you get my message?
I could have sworn I replied, maybe mailbox full. I have given it another go.

keiron99
03-07-2015, 19:11
Still looking :)

Stratmangler
03-07-2015, 19:31
I got mine from here http://www.soundsupports.com/page16.htm (bottom of the page).
I have since fitted one of the Shuggie collars, and had to enlarge the aperture - I used a flap wheel.

http://i1.adis.ws/i/washford/191296?$pd_main$

Ammonite Audio
03-07-2015, 20:08
My Mk2 collar is the same diameter as an original Jelco collar, so it's now fully compatible with the Sound Supports armboard. So, no need for any armboard surgery such as Chris has outlined above.

keiron99
03-07-2015, 20:36
Thanks Chris and Hugo.

Think I will go for the Sound Supports board.

If I just want to "fit and forget" my arm and cartridge (no arm swapping), is there any real need for the modified collar?

Ammonite Audio
03-07-2015, 21:13
Thanks Chris and Hugo.

Think I will go for the Sound Supports board.

If I just want to "fit and forget" my arm and cartridge (no arm swapping), is there any real need for the modified collar?

Well, I do of course have a vested interest here, but do live with the standard Jelco collar and see how you get on. If you care about accurate, easy and consistent arm setup, I think you'll soon understand how the standard collar's poor design can lead to some significant azimuth errors, which can vary as the arm traverses the record.