PDA

View Full Version : Apple Airport Express (new) with B&O BeoLab 3

Stubies
07-02-2015, 19:59
Hi Guys!

I have not posted for a long time - but occasionally i read a bit to see whats up. I moved to Curacao, and a few apt/house moves later i have some space, and am finally setting up the kit.

And Here is something that seemed note worthy - so time to share!

I set up my old bedroom system BeoLab 3s (those small round selfpowered speakers) direct to the 'audio' output of a New Airport Express. Music (Apple Lossless) is streamed from iTunes via an Apple Network (Apple Airport Extreme is the base station). The result is astonishing.

The system sounds open and does not suffer from the typical crush of 'compressed digital signal'. The earlier Airport Express (first edition) definitely suffered from compression or poor digital/audio rendering.

Albeit - it is a bedroom system, and has limitations - nonetheless, for this set up, i was so impressed i researched it a bit further and found this:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/airport-express-audio-quality-2014.htm

I know its just numbers - and there is more to it, but the result to my ears (so far) is very satisfactory!

Hope you enjoy the share
Stu

StanleyB
07-02-2015, 20:26
I moved to Curacao, and a few apt/house moves later i have some space, and am finally setting up the kit.
My sister and her husband live there as well. I suppose you'll be firing off some Papiamento on AoS very soon ;).

Stubies
10-02-2015, 04:33
My sister and her husband live there as well. I suppose you'll be firing off some Papiamento on AoS very soon ;).

Hi Stanley! Its a great place to live, i really enjoy it! Lots of outdoor activities, mountain biking, swimming or sailing. or diving. I can see why they chose here. What do they do here? (e.g. i need dentist!)

Papiamento, haha! Im terrible at languages, and this one is very local (a few 100k speak it!)- i might be better off with spanish, its quite popular here too.

If you visit let me know!

StanleyB
10-02-2015, 09:55
What do they do here?
Her husband got offered a job as an architect with the local oil refinery at an outrageously high salary in the 80's. They are retired now, having done extremely well from the initial job offer. I'll contact my sister and ask her if any of her friends is a dentist and affordable. I'll PM you.