PDA

View Full Version : Favourite components

griffo104
31-03-2008, 14:49
So a new(ish) forum, therefore we need to know what is your favourite hifi compnent. Are you a flat-earther and strictly believe the source is first, or does is it the amps you keep changing to find audio Nirvana, or are the speakers the kit you think are the most important, have you bought a pair and decided to build the system around them.

Don't just vote but also give a reason and example of the kit you love.

For me, as a flat-earther, it's still the source and I love turntables SO much more than cd players. I've had a few decks now and still love my Michell Orbe SE, I loved the Dorian I had on it as well but just recently I've been playing with a Denon DL301ii and a Denon AU300-lc step-up and I've been really enjoying the music these bargain basement Jap-components make on my English Turntable.

come on let us know what you love about the components.

Filterlab
31-03-2008, 15:03
I've added loudspeakers to the list as they are my favourite component. A lot of the other stuff is all much of a muchness in most cases, it's speakers that really get me going.

griffo104
31-03-2008, 15:19
I've added loudspeakers to the list as they are my favourite component. A lot of the other stuff is all much of a muchness in most cases, it's speakers that really get me going.

I knew I forgot to put something on the poll :doh:

Shouldn't have had that extra pint at lunch :cool:

Filterlab
31-03-2008, 15:25
I'll drink to that!

jandl100
01-04-2008, 07:10
Yup, it's speakers for me. Everything matters, but speakers seem to have the most obvious gross variations in terms of overall presentation.

I am def a "round-earther" and gave up on vinyl some time ago ... after a few attempts to get back into TTs, I have now promised myself "never again!".

Filterlab
01-04-2008, 07:53
...I have now promised myself "never again!".

:lol: Yeah, we'll see how long that lasts. ;)