PDA

View Full Version : Phillips cd101

vinyljunky
03-02-2015, 20:23
Borrowed a Phillips cd101 off mik rik of this fine forum.Only problem is the unit powers up the disc spins a few whirring noises then the disc stops and no sound any guys on here have any thoughts as to what the problem is thought it might be expired electrolyte capacitors but no experience of these CD players.:scratch::scratch::D

The Barbarian
03-02-2015, 20:43
I re-capped my old Mission 'DAD7000' {CD104} Drilled all the Griplets reset & soldered. Mech overhauled & new belt. Works perfect. Sold it two weeks ago, the new owner is well chuffed.

mik_rik
03-02-2015, 21:11
Borrowed a Phillips cd101 off mik rik of this fine forum.Only problem is the unit powers up the disc spins a few whirring noises then the disc stops and no sound any guys on here have any thoughts as to what the problem is thought it might be expired electrolyte capacitors but no experience of these CD players.:scratch::scratch::D

Hi Steve,you should have asked for the optional extra ---- the one that worked !.Seriously ,it had stood for a couple of years unused so it could be something as simple as a dirty lens , if you know what it looks like you can clean it by gently "twirling" the end of a cotton bud over the lens ,ok to do it as long as gently is the word .anything else it will be no problem to look at it [we were doing to much talking to try it before you left] Pete forgot the cd,his amp has now been fixed,and as a final ps -have you listened to any of those albums-- had a great day Mick

vinyljunky
03-02-2015, 21:33
Cheers mik had a cracking day the football pitch tale was awesome I will try the lens first if this does not work then I will just bring it back I don't want to fiddle about with someone else's insides ps I am listening g to the groundhogs split a very experimental album for 1971 good master too.:D