PDA

View Full Version : Vandersteen 1c

Covenant
01-02-2015, 18:25
It is with great reluctance that I am selling my Vandies. Due to the need for more space in the house I have lost my little hifi room and my stuff has been relegated to the back end of the lounge. 'Those horrible black things are no going in there' I was told so find a spare room if you are interested.
There is lots of info on their construction on line but I bought them on the strength of the many positive comments regarding the huge soundstage they can produce. They have an 8 inch woofer with a transmission line port and a 1 inch ferro-fluid tweeter. Time alignment is fundamental to their design.
Most 1c's that come up for sale (when they do) have damaged cloth covers. Mine are pretty much perfect. The only damage is to the paint finish on the base. Some black woodstain would sort that.
The recommended metal plinth was not available so I made a simple T shaped bracket that tilts them back a bit as required.
I am offering these on AOS for £250, well below the amount I paid. Collection is preferred as there are no boxes but I could travel a reasonable distance to meet up if required.

Bourney
02-02-2015, 07:13
Dropped you a pm last night Jerry.

hughandella
02-02-2015, 11:10
good luck with them Steve --- I'd be interested to hear what they are like, I'm a novice in hifi but I like the ideas behind these and for the price they sound like a steal to me----- I ve just ordered some standmounts for myself from electricbeach which I m looking forward to, or I'd be even more envious !

Covenant
02-02-2015, 20:06
Provisionally sold.