PDA

View Full Version : How Many Rules Does A Forum Need?

Mr Kipling
31-01-2015, 12:14
I don't know. Perhaps someone could enlighten me.

I think one thing needs to said. The idea that James used AOS as an eBay without fees is just totally wide of the mark. He could have got more for items he sold here if he had in fact sold them on eBay. Take hi-fi_dave as an example. Recently he offered an Icon Audio amp for a very reasonable £450 to AOS members; if I'd had the money I would have bought it. No interest here - so he put it on eBay. It sold, and yet if the buyer had been an AOS memeber, he would have got it £100 (well £95 to be precise) cheaper.

One thing I've learned in life: It doesn't what good you try and do for people - it will still go unrecognised as such by some.

Is it just me getting a bit whissed off?

struth
31-01-2015, 12:18
No one said he did....and what is the point of this thread.?

The Barbarian
31-01-2015, 12:21
+1

Marco
31-01-2015, 12:24
Sorry, Stephen, the matter with James is now closed, therefore we don't need another thread continuing the issue, so please leave it there. Ta :)

I do however very much agree with the following sentiments (even though I’d have put the word ‘matter’ after ‘doesn’t' ;)) [decided to edit it in].

One thing I've learned in life: It doesn’t matter what good you try and do for people - it will still go unrecognised as such by some.

I often feel that way with the amount of time and effort the team and I put into making this place tick! We get little thanks (but no shortage of smart-arsed criticism sometimes) for what is often a difficult job. Trouble is, most people are selfish and only interested in looking after what’s best for No1, so rarely look at the 'bigger picture'…

When it comes to the membership of most forums, there are too many takers and not enough givers - or even those who actually appreciate the privilege they’ve been given to be part of an on-line community that caters for their favourite hobby. If some think they can do better, then I suggest that they give starting their own forum a go, and see how they get on!

At the end of the day, no-one here, other than me (as I pay the bills) has any 'special right' to have things how they want them - and it’s about time some people acknowledged and embraced that fact.

Marco.