PDA

View Full Version : V Festival 2009

chris@panteg
18-08-2009, 10:39
A friend of the family has just won 6 tickets with free accommodation and travel to this Gig ' this sat-sunday , she has asked myself ' my stepson /stepdaughter to go with her ' mmm let me think about it :confused:

:gig: yes

some of the bands are not for me ' but i like Snow Patrol and Keane so plenty of choice 'just hope the weather holds out.

http://www.vfestival.com/lineup

symon
18-08-2009, 11:40
Keep an eye out for a band called TCV - Them Crooked Vultures. There's a rumour they will be playing one of the Festivals (although it might be Reading).
TCV are John Paul Jones, Josh Homme and Dave Grohl.

Steve Toy
18-08-2009, 12:15
My wife will be there but I'm staying as far away from Weston Park as I possibly can. The congestion is seriously bad for a taxi driver's wallet and I work only a few miles away.

Ali Tait
18-08-2009, 17:26
Speaking as a hardened Glasto veteran,I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless of the weather.I've seen both Snow Patrol and Keane live and they are brilliant.Enjoy!

chris@panteg
19-08-2009, 00:27
thanks Guy's i still can't quite believe it ' just need to try and persuade my dear wifey to come too , blimey i do like Snow Patrol ' been listening to a hundred million sun's again .

Ali Tait
19-08-2009, 11:46
Was front centre to see them recently at the Glasgow SECC.Fantastic gig!

chris@panteg
25-08-2009, 10:12
Hi Guys

Well just a quick post on the V fest (weston park) , a great time was had.

Highlights Snow Patrol ' The Script were magical ' the Killers were awesome,
i even enjoyed Taylor Swift ' i was onstage to the left as Elbow began their set
blowing trumpets in unison :smoking: Wow is all i can say .

I missed quite a bit but it couldn't be helped so much going on (4 stage's )

Oasis seemed to going through the motion's ' you can tell Liam and Noel were ice cool to each other , although they did a nice rendition of i am the Walrus .

Still a great gig got some pics if anyone's interested.

Chris

The Vinyl Adventure
25-08-2009, 10:32
photos? why even ask? people have shown vague interest of photos of my dog so i recon photos of music is almost a given! :)

chris@panteg
25-08-2009, 11:31
Well i have only managed 1 bloody pic so far as my bluetooth is playing up and driving me crazy :steam::steam:

A view from backstage with Elbow

Alex_UK
25-08-2009, 20:03
Nice one Chris. Don't be ashamed of Taylor Swift, I'll 'fess up to enjoying her too! The "Elbow moment" sounds awesome! I don't give Oasis house room, I'm afraid - Beatles covers (at least they're owning up to it now) is about all they're good for, IMHO. Definitely envious of Snow Patrol, & the Script, but especially the Killers, awesome live performers.

chris@panteg
28-08-2009, 08:47
Some more pics from a great weekend ' one i will remember for a long time :)