PDA

View Full Version : Wanted. Broken or damaged tonearms.

alb
17-08-2009, 22:33
Looking for anything that might be beyond repair, of little value, and just gathering dust.
Condition of bearings and mounting assemblies not important. It's mainly the armtube and headshell end that i'm interested in.

Mike
18-08-2009, 07:32
Ooh, sounds intriguing! :)

What are you up to, Al?... I've got some stainless steel tube thats the same diameter as the stuff used on Hadcocks if it's of any interest?

alb
18-08-2009, 07:48
Hi Mike.

I'm just tinkering around to see if it's possible to make something decent from a pile of old bits. Finding the old bits is the hard part.
You would think there would be loads of knackered arms lying around, but apparently not.
I guess most of the average turntables from the past few decades have already been skipped.
Been asking for stuff on Freecycle for ages and got nothing.

StanleyB
18-08-2009, 08:08
I got a few bits left over from my EPA-500 arms, but I am really looking to sell them. What is left over is a complete arm with a H and M arm tube. They are in need of some spit and polish, plus a set of phono leads.

alb
18-08-2009, 08:12
Thanks Stan.
But i'm not looking to relieve anyone of useful or valuable stuff. Just junk.

Barry
21-08-2009, 00:33
I have a Neat G30B arm (missing the headshell and coaxial leads) + arm lift + instructions, you can have if interested.

To quote from the 1971 HiFi Yearbook:

Transcription arm and shell. Wired for mono or stereo. Easy mounting. Accommodates all standard cartridges. Adjustable tracking weight. Supplied with aluminium headshell pickup rest. Vertical balance by miniature ball bearings, horizontal balance by jewelled pivots. Decoupled balance weight at rear of arm provides coarse adjustment of playing weight, rider weight at side of arm provides fine adjustment. Pivot to stylus length 9 3/4", Arm length 13". Height (adjustable) 1 3/4 - 3 1/4" Mounting hole 1/2" dia.

PM me with your address if interested.

alb
21-08-2009, 07:13
PM sent Barry. Thanks.

alb
01-09-2009, 16:07
Barry, your PM box is full.:)

Barry
02-09-2009, 13:06
Barry, your PM box is full.:)

Sorry Al,

I've cleared out a load of 'sent' messages, so there should now be plenty of room. Please try again.

Regards