PDA

View Full Version : Solder Request - London Area

RobbieGong
20-01-2015, 16:09
Hi, I’ve recently fitted the Mike New base plate and noticed that since re-soldering the psu wires the platter seems a bit hesitate to get going and needs a bit of a nudge sometimes. I don't think my soldering was that great. (I’m certain nothing is in the way or catching. Was v meticulous as always in that regard and platter spins beautifully after initial hesitance). I’m after someone who is a dab hand at soldering who would be happy to do this for me, which would be much appreciated. This would literally take minutes as it would be de-solder and re-solder of just three spots. I will provide, de-solder wire gauze, solder and soldering iron as well as bring the deck over. Will include a good drink or equivalent :). Early Saturday mornings would suit best. ATB Rob

AlexM
20-01-2015, 20:50
Can help out if you don't get a better offer. I'm in Kingston upon Thames.. not sure if that is easy to get to for you or not. No need to bring any accessories.. have everything needed. Only catch is that my definition of morning probably doesn't equate to yours, especially when you prefix it with 'early' :lol:

RobbieGong
20-01-2015, 21:50
Can help out if you don't get a better offer. I'm in Kingston upon Thames.. not sure if that is easy to get to for you or not. No need to bring any accessories.. have everything needed. Only catch is that my definition of morning probably doesn't equate to yours, especially when you prefix it with 'early' :lol:

Lol, I know what you mean Alex. Thanks for kind offer. I'll wait and see what transpires as it would be great to stay in London so I can get there and back quickly as the wife and I share the car. Bless, Rob :)

RobbieGong
24-01-2015, 21:58
Anyone in London good at soldering ??

Sovereign
24-01-2015, 23:59
I'm not in London but I'm in Maidstone if that helps....Happy to help.

RobbieGong
25-01-2015, 21:15
I'm not in London but I'm in Maidstone if that helps....Happy to help.

Hi James, Thanks for the kind offer which I may well take you up on ...... will let you know - ATB Rob :)

Sovereign
26-01-2015, 00:02
Hi mate
Got your PM, no probs, just give me a day in advance so I can make sure I'm free.
I also serve good coffee while you waite ;-)

StanleyB
26-01-2015, 07:10
I am in London close to the M1 if that helps.

RobbieGong
26-01-2015, 20:44
Hi mate
Got your PM, no probs, just give me a day in advance so I can make sure I'm free.
I also serve good coffee while you waite ;-)

Hey James the coffee would be nice but I may stay local and take Stanley up on his offer - Cheers :)

RobbieGong
26-01-2015, 20:46
I am in London close to the M1 if that helps.
Hi Stanley, thanks for that. Will pm you and see what we can arrange. Bless Rob :)

Sovereign
28-01-2015, 22:24
I would say thats a good choice, Stanly may have a good few years on me behind the soldering Iron.
All the best !

RobbieGong
29-01-2015, 12:43
I would say thats a good choice, Stanly may have a good few years on me behind the soldering Iron.
All the best !

Er sort of, however Stanley too has Saturday morning commitments so it's on hold til I can think of something ......

Sovereign
29-01-2015, 20:18
Let me know if you still need help

RobbieGong
30-01-2015, 09:02
Let me know if you still need help

Big bless James - Will do :)

RobsterD
30-01-2015, 21:12
Rob,you seem to have all the reqd stuff so why not spend a good afternoon practising soldering and desoldering and when happy give it a go yourself,sure you'll be fine

RobbieGong
07-02-2015, 11:45
Big thanks to James and Stan for offering up their time and expertise after my poor attempts at solder joints. Just returned from Stans and all done properly now. Stan is an absolutely genuine guy and a credit to AOS - Thanks a lot - TOP MAN !!! :thumbsup: :)

StanleyB
07-02-2015, 19:56
Hi Robert, sorry you couldn't stay much longer due to time constraints. But I am glad that everything is working OK.

Marco
07-02-2015, 20:27
Nice one, Stan... Did you not get a chance to ply him with some curried goat? :eyebrows:

Marco.

RobbieGong
07-02-2015, 21:24
Nice one, Stan... Did you not get a chance to ply him with some curried goat? :eyebrows:

Marco.

:lol: Would have been nice Marco, plus a couple of bevvies of some sort but was early morning and had to get back so Mrs could get the car and do her stuf. You never know, we may all meet up and do just that one day :)