PDA

View Full Version : Bit perfect and everything else

Gordon Steadman
20-01-2015, 11:04
I recently bought a second hand Airport Express so I can stream from the Mac to the main hi-fi plus extend wi-fi coverage.

Set up, as usual, with the Mac was immediate and easy however..... every morning I have to reset the Express as iTunes won't talk to it - is this normal?

On top of that, every time I load BitPerfect, it cuts off the Express and the music won't start again and I have to reset the Express yet again!!. The sound quality with Bitperfect is definitely better but, as its really just for background noise, I'm not too bothered about it. As ever, though, it's a bit annoying when something doesn't work exactly as it should.

Anyone else had this problem and know of a solution??

MacPro running 10.6.8 with iTunes 11.4 and BitPerfect 1.0.7.

StanleyB
20-01-2015, 11:29
I didn't realize that there was a software called Bitperfect, but the symptoms that you describe with the AE are very similar to what I experienced with the bitperfect code routine for the BMII firmware. The AE went absolutely bonkers sound and reception wise, so I abandoned the agressive bitferfect decoding option some time ago just so that AE owners would not be bombarding me with compalints about total lack of reception with the BMII. I do miss the 176.4kHz decoding possibility though from that routine, even if it is less than 20 audio tracks that I have in that format. It' somehow comforting to know that it wasn't my coding skills that was the problem, but possibly something in the AE audio stream. I too would be interested in a solution.

Gordon Steadman
20-01-2015, 12:12
I didn't realize that there was a software called Bitperfect, but the symptoms that you describe with the AE are very similar to what I experienced with the bitperfect code routine for the BMII firmware. The AE went absolutely bonkers sound and reception wise, so I abandoned the agressive bitferfect decoding option some time ago just so that AE owners would not be bombarding me with compalints about total lack of reception with the BMII. I do miss the 176.4kHz decoding possibility though from that routine, even if it is less than 20 audio tracks that I have in that format. It' somehow comforting to know that it wasn't my coding skills that was the problem, but possibly something in the AE audio stream. I too would be interested in a solution.

I have no idea if it would be related to your problem Stanley. BitPerfect is software specifically written for the Mac and iTunes. Coding or related subjects is a bit away from my mindset, I believe you have to be able to add up and see stuff in numbers other than gobbledegook:)

struth
20-01-2015, 13:04
might be an issue with the router and either the channel it is on or it may changing ips and the other not. you could try a fixed ip. or change the router channel may also do the trick....not that i know much about macs

r100
20-01-2015, 13:40
Dunno, but I would start by upgrading the Bitperfect (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bitperfect/id455545700?mt=12) software, it is at version 2.0.2 currently

Interesting software though ! some thoughts here (http://bitperfectsound.blogspot.ca/2014/10/adventures.html)

Gordon Steadman
20-01-2015, 14:14
Dunno, but I would start by upgrading the Bitperfect (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bitperfect/id455545700?mt=12) software, it is at version 2.0.2 currently

Interesting software though ! some thoughts here (http://bitperfectsound.blogspot.ca/2014/10/adventures.html)

This is one problem I know I have. The guy that writes the prog spent quite a while sending me different builds to find one that would work at all with my operating system. I have the latest that my pro will support.

I'd better write to him to see what he thinks.

Gordon Steadman
20-01-2015, 14:18
Ah, your link rather covers it I think, clearly a known problem. I will attempt some of his possible work arounds or accept that I can't use it whilst streaming:(

r100
20-01-2015, 14:32
I wish that Apple would remove the limit on the APEX. That would make life sooooo much easier !!! :eek: