PDA

View Full Version : Hello, All!

honeycuttan
19-01-2015, 18:45
Hey, folks. My name is Alan and I'm a recovering software engineer who is now a full time music student at Berklee College of Music. I'm a lifelong music listener who started writing and recording my own music a few years back and, luckily, I have a wife who supports my mania and who was willing to move from ATL to Boston so that I could focus on my music full time. If you're interested in hearing what I do, you can search for Alan Honeycutt on soundcloud. I am slowly morphing from guy-with-guitar to more of a post-punk revival aesthetic. It's music for fans of Ben Folds, The Lucksmiths, Sondre Lerche, The National, and Joe Pernice.

Before I went down the rabbit hole of creating my own music, I spent a lot of time and money on purchasing and listening to music. Our Boston apartment is considerably smaller than where we lived before, so I'm still in the process of reconfiguring my audio setup. I love to talk about all things music, so feel free to say hi!

walpurgis
19-01-2015, 19:22
Hi Alan. Welcome to AOS.

It's an awful long time since I was involved in making music. Anyway, tell us about your Hi-Fi. What equipment do you use.

You say you buy a lot of music, so what do you listen to.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Eagle owl
19-01-2015, 20:00
Hello and welcome Alan.

Geoff. :wave:

struth
20-01-2015, 23:00
Welcome Alan, I hope you enjoy the forum and become an active member.:)

Barry
21-01-2015, 02:11
Welcome to AoS Alan.

What is a "recovering" software engineer? Interesting change of direction, now you are a full time music student. Let us know how it progresses. How long is the course? Is it for a music degree?

Also we would love to know a little about your current audio system. What is the primary source for you music?

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

jollyfix
21-01-2015, 09:36
Hi Alan, welcome to AOS.