PDA

View Full Version : Hi folks, 'contrary' new poster

aniki
14-01-2015, 20:56
Hi Folks,

New poster here.
Currently running a 90's era Tri-Amp active Linn system with a (contrary) SL1210 and CA 651P as my front end.
Also occasionally streaming digital from a 2TB RAID SSD MacBook Pro.
-
Here for some help with my Turntable!

walpurgis
14-01-2015, 21:13
Hi Adam. Welcome to AOS.

You've come to the right place for advice on your Techie. They're very popular here and our members have carried out just about every mod you can think of.

Pop along to the 'Techiepedia' spot in the Analogue Art section and ask any questions.

What's the rest of your system and what music do you play? We have a Gallery for equipment photos if you'd like to add some.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

(where in the south west are you?)

struth
14-01-2015, 21:20
Hi Adam, Welcome from me also. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Barry
14-01-2015, 23:09
Welcome to AoS Adam,

You have definitely come to the right place for Techy advice: have a look in the "Techipedia" section.

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

jollyfix
15-01-2015, 09:28
Hi Adam, welcome to AOS.

Eagle owl
15-01-2015, 13:37
Hello and welcome Adam.

Geoff. :wave:

aniki
21-01-2015, 20:37
Thanks for the warm welcome folks.
I've already overcome the issue with my 1210 which turned out to be bad room positioning on my part. (Well that and an ikea 'decorative' glass panel causing an incredible amount of unwanted resonance through the turntable)

What's the rest of your system and what music do you play? We have a Gallery for equipment photos if you'd like to add some.

The TT (and macbook for digital) is the front end. This runs into a Linn Kairn which feeds three Linn Klouts in active mode feeding Linn Keilidh speakers.
Hence my contrary quote!
Everyone (logically) says why not an LP12?
Well truth be told, I used to have a fairly decent spec LP12 and got the techie for cheap just out of curiosity. From the moment I took the DJ cart of the techie and fitted a cheap AT95E I instantly knew the direct drive beast was going to be the keeper!
Now it's pretty much a case of upgrade the techie until theres nothing left to upgrade!

Will get some pics up soon - house move imminent!

Andrei
21-01-2015, 20:59
Hi from NZ Adam
As others have suggested this is the forum for SL1200 owners. The Techipedia is a mine of information.