PDA

View Full Version : I/C: Naim CDI

pjdowns
11-01-2015, 00:13
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/pjdowns/HPIM0069_zps3c57c6cd.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/pjdowns/media/HPIM0069_zps3c57c6cd.jpg.html)

Hi all,

I am seriously considering selling my beloved Naim CDI as I just don't find I use it enough to warrant keeping it and also I am keen to get hold of an Naim NDX so the funds from this sale will go towards that nicely.

Price wise I am not entirely sure, I have seen then from anywhere between £450 and £600, so I guess somewhere in between.

The CDI is in excellent condition with a perfect Nextel ring (for people in the know) but as with all CDI's it is picky about what CD's you play on it and does occasionally skip, suggest it might need a lense clean.

It has the original 'Top-Hat' mechanism and I have a couple of spare / different pucks

Also it would come in a (not sure it is original) Naim box but without a remote has died a horrible death (have been borrowing my Dad's) and the original manual.

All in all, be interested to know if anyone would be interested in it?

Paul.

Wilbur
11-01-2015, 21:02
Depending on £ and timescale,could be :)

Martyn Miles
12-01-2015, 05:43
Tempting, but do Naim still supply the laser transport?
When I bought a used CD 3.5 about 4 years ago, I immediately sourced a spare laser transport through my local Naim dealer.
I read somewhere that Naim used to ( still do ? ) stock up on laser transports when they released a new CD player, so their customers would be covered.
Good policy...

pjdowns
12-01-2015, 23:57
Depending on £ and timescale,could be :)

Excellent, PM Me :)

pjdowns
12-01-2015, 23:57
Tempting, but do Naim still supply the laser transport?
When I bought a used CD 3.5 about 4 years ago, I immediately sourced a spare laser transport through my local Naim dealer.
I read somewhere that Naim used to ( still do ? ) stock up on laser transports when they released a new CD player, so their customers would be covered.
Good policy...

No sorry, Naim are out of transport for the CDI.

ovlov854
13-01-2015, 11:00
There is aplace on Ebay.de that have these mechs
CDI uses the same mech as the original CDS and were made by Rodsnstock

pjdowns
13-01-2015, 23:01
There is aplace on Ebay.de that have these mechs
CDI uses the same mech as the original CDS and were made by Rodsnstock

Interesting, I thought they were made by Phillips but I guess they probably rebranded them!

pjdowns
16-01-2015, 17:24
Bump - any further interest? - would prefer it to go to a like minded individual rather than ending up on the bay!

Oakwood
16-01-2015, 17:46
Could you tell me the series number please?

Many thanks

Richard