PDA

View Full Version : Sony.. who needs the human touch?

The Vinyl Adventure
15-08-2009, 09:39
"face detection" was bad, "smile shutter" - the mode that only fires the shutter when the subject smiles was worse... but this:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0908/09080600sonypartyshot.asp

really takes the bloody biscuit

seriously.. why would anyone buy this? if today was the 1st april i would definatly right this off as a joke!

Gints
15-08-2009, 09:50
hmm, if we can replace smile detection with something else (maybe detection for non smiling faces), then it can be a quite nice security device.

DaveK
15-08-2009, 11:46
"face detection" was bad, "smile shutter" - the mode that only fires the shutter when the subject smiles was worse... but this:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0908/09080600sonypartyshot.asp

really takes the bloody biscuit

seriously.. why would anyone buy this? if today was the 1st april i would definatly right this off as a joke!

Hi Hamish,
Time to pack in the business, you are now redundant, who wants an expensive photographer when this will do it all for free, won't get drunk on the host's booze, piss on the flowers and insult the more sensitive guests :lolsign: :gig: .
Time to go back to the music shop full time :lol: .
Cheers,

The Vinyl Adventure
15-08-2009, 12:23
I was going to come back with something cleve but I guess in this day and age you I've to be quite sensible about what you say about your business in places the general public have access to... So I'm going to be quite boring and say:
il have you know I'm very profesional ...
im in the shop today, it's so quiet! It's soul destroying!!

The Vinyl Adventure
15-08-2009, 12:35
We just had this guy come in, it seemed, just to tell me about the products we sell.... And then start "willy waving" about his cameras... Like I hive a toss about your Nikon d80 mate..... He says "I am a pro, don't you know?" ... I just nod and smile "I also work in theatre lighting" nod and smile "so I know about this sort of thing" nod and smile "i'm also a softwear engineer, so there isn't much I don't know about modern technology" nod and smile "I'm interested in the difference between the d90 and d3000" I say "well neither are really a big step up from your d80 unless you want video mode" his reply "oh, I don't want either o just would like to know about them" ........
That customer interaction pretty much sums up my day so far! like I said ... Soul destroying!!

Haselsh1
15-08-2009, 14:17
LOL... In 2005 I did a stint in an Asda Photo Centre in their rather large store in Grimsby/Lincolnshire as a stopgap to something better and used to laugh my socks off at the number of professional photographers who came in asking us to run off their prints for them with the back print turned off so that no one would know they had been printed by Asda. I also used to howl at the so called 'models' (spoken with faux Barbie voice) who came in to have their portfolio photographs printed by us. Jesus... it was a fun time.