PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Newbie!

Cave_Dweller
06-01-2015, 17:04
Hi All,

Nice to be here!

I'm a long term audio-nut, and 'ex-tweak' :rolleyes: . I've spent most of my life working with audio or video in various capacities, and I'm one of those sad cases that seems to like the gear more than the music!

I've just started getting ready for a house move and dug out my Rega P3 while shifting boxes around. I discovered that one channel isn't working, so I hit Google and found this forum... so here I am.

Thanks for having me.

Glenn.

Edit: I missed the vital stuff! My System...

Truth be told, it's in flux, as I'm about to move and some of it is in boxes. However, at the moment I'm managing with:

Marantz 6005 CD player
Audiolab 8000S integrated (old... Series 5 I think)
EB Acoustics sealed standmounters
Squeezebox 3 linked to a Linux based Media Server called "Alfie" (There have been 3 Alfies... ) loaded with FLAC and high bitrate Ogg files.
A sick Rega P3 with Graham Slee pre-amp.

In other parts of the house are relics from Creek, Yamaha, and Kef, plus a bunch of more modern stuff like more Squeezeboxes and Sonos boxes. I've also got a load of old, poor quality recording kit knocking about from my days in the sound engineering business, but most of it is junk!

CADCAM
06-01-2015, 17:33
Welcome from another newbie!

brian2957
06-01-2015, 17:36
Welcome chaps . Enjoy the forum :)

walpurgis
06-01-2015, 19:41
Hello Glenn. Welcome to AOS.

You sound like a bit of a collector. Plenty of them here, me included.

I guess once you've moved house you'll be able to set your system up and start tinkering seriously.

You find plenty to interest you here. Tell us what music you play.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Eagle owl
06-01-2015, 19:59
Hello and welcome Glenn.

Geoff. :wave:

struth
06-01-2015, 20:59
Hi Glenn, welcome to AoS. Hope you decide to get involved with the discussions. Plenty Rega boys around here.
Cheers Grant.

Rush2112
20-01-2015, 21:33
Welcome Glenn

Barry
21-01-2015, 02:37
Welcome to AoS Glenn,

"Seem to to like the gear more tha nthe music"? Oh dear - but don't worry, help is on it's way. Just tell us what your tastes in music are and you will soon be on the road to recovery! :)

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

jollyfix
21-01-2015, 09:35
Hi Glenn, welcome to AOS.