PDA

View Full Version : AMD Quantum Power Station (mains treatment)

brucew268
05-01-2015, 21:05
This is a mains treatment meant to be either: plugged into the mains next to the HiFi or wired into the Consumer Panel in the same circuit as the HiFi.

According to Alan Maher Designs: “The QPS (Quantum Power Station) works remarkable well in the UK. It does a few things for you.
1. It controls the line frequency which reduces the harmonic created by the voltage flux.
2. It controls the ringing frequency of the power supply.
3. Stores energy inside its magnetic core and returns the energy during a dip.
4. Provides active power factor correction for the component/circuit.”

Alan Maher is constantly inventing and modifying his inventions, while doing mains treatment consulting and bespoke solutions for professional recording studios. He has put a couple items on Amazon but does most of his business through a Facebook page. Alan takes the view that many mains problems are due to harmonic ringing and from RF/EM noise contaminating all aspects of the building’s wiring. So he does not usually try to throw a single box just before the HiFi to sort it all out. He has various devices employed in various places to treat the whole house, some in a component, some adjacent to one or more components, some on mains cables or at the socket, some at the Consumer Unit, and some at the feed into the house.

In response to one question, he said: “Harmonic interaction between certain times of day are due to voltage irregularities which are creating ringing harmonics inside the component power supply. It doesn't have to be much, 1 to 2 volt second by second dips can cause ringing problems that require hours to stabilize the magnetic balance of the component power supply. In that situation I would recommend our QPS.”

The QPS (Quantum Power Station) is tolerant of voltages that operate at 50 Hz or 60 Hz. It does not have a capacitor bank but does have a transformer.

I found that the QPS does not really show its colours until continuously in the circuit for 10-14 days. I’ve put several of his devices in my system to good effect. But once the desired mains synergy peaked, I decided to pass on the few items that I no longer needed. Though an end-consumer, I recognise that AMD devices are not well known here, and it will take 10 days or more to see if this has good effect in your system. Therefore, I’m willing to accept a return within 21 days (less postage) if the effect does not suit you.

£350 + £7 shipping in UK

3.3 KG, 21x13x12cm, mains lead 1.6m

brucew268
10-01-2015, 11:12
Bump...
I just read an old user review who said that for him the QPS caused both the top end and the bass to be more open and extended. He mentioned improved dynamics, lower noise floor, better sound staging, greater realism, and more musicality. He also felt the QPS brought added weight, authority, and more body to each note.