PDA

View Full Version : Marantz CD63 KI Signature - Intermittent channel drop out

RobbieGong
02-01-2015, 11:40
I've have one of these which is literally mint. It doesn't get much play but i've noticed that when I turn it on nothing comes from the left channel. If I fiddle with the interconnects at its Analogue Output connection it crackles and the sound tries to come from the left channel. Eventually it seems to sort itself out after some time of playing. I dont think it is anything serious with the player but I'd like to sort it out - Any ideas anyone ?

Kvaal
02-01-2015, 12:20
Probably corrosion on the contacts. Try to clean it with some cotton moistened with alchohol for technical use.

Ali Tait
02-01-2015, 13:06
Had the same problem on one years ago, was dodgy soldering where the RCA sockets connect onto the pcb. Just remove the lid and resolder these.

RobbieGong
02-01-2015, 13:11
Had the same problem on one years ago, was dodgy soldering where the RCA sockets connect onto the pcb. Just remove the lid and resolder these.

Cheers Ali, I'll give it a go when I get a chance. ATB - Rob :)

Ali Tait
02-01-2015, 13:55
No worries, it was how I got a secondhand one cheap, took 5 mins to fix. :-)

Audio Advent
02-01-2015, 14:52
Sounds like a dry joint as Ali suggests - as the player warms up, everything expands and contact is made again.

RobbieGong
02-01-2015, 15:54
Thanks guys, much appreciated as always - Bless ! Rob :thumbsup:

Ali Tait
02-01-2015, 16:27
Fixed?

RobbieGong
02-01-2015, 17:17
Fixed?

lol, Not yet Ali. I couldn't be asked today. Have had some very rare free time with Mrs at work and girls out to the cinema with their cousins. After tidying up and a couple of errands all I want to do is surf the net and chill a bit - Mrs due home soon too. I actually dont do a lot of cd playin as it just cant touch my modded techie and 2M black combo. I havnt had my deck up and running since earlier in the year due to a few little issues ie: needed to sort something with my ebony armboard - now sorted, I've also almost finished installing my Mike New bearing base plate, just awaiting a screw in the post. I'm desperate to have the techie back up and running so I can spin the vinyl. Then I'll do the solder on the KI - will let you know how I get on once done. Bless, Rob.

Ali Tait
02-01-2015, 17:19
Enjoy the vinyl once you get it back up.