PDA

View Full Version : Old Grey Whistle Test

DanJennings
14-08-2009, 15:44
Has anyone been able to track down any OGWT performances?

I wish the BBC would just open up their precious archives and let us buy on demand, because there is so much stuff I'd love to get my grubby little mitts on.

I've got the 3 official DVD releases, and about 3 unofficial ones, but there's still loads of stuff that I've seen/heard about that I'd love to see...

The DVDs slice and dice the performances up, when I'd much rather see the whole performances ie not just one song... Some of it's on youtube, but the quality's average at best, and most of it's not there...

For example, I remember seeing an amazing performance of Vinegar Joe - Rusty Red Armour, and I'd love to get hold of it.

So until the BBC gets their arse in gear, has anyone got any of this stuff?

Mike
14-08-2009, 16:01
Oh how I miss that program.

There's a fair bit of stuff on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=old+grey+whistle+test&search_type=&aq=f) but it's just not the same. :(

Spectral Morn
14-08-2009, 16:28
Oh how I miss that program.

There's a fair bit of stuff on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=old+grey+whistle+test&search_type=&aq=f) but it's just not the same. :(

I agree, it is what I grew up with. Oh well there are a reasonable number of repeats on Sky to remind us of what we are missing.

It would be nice to get a music show (any music show would be nice) that had a similar format....in depth would be good.

Regards D S D L

DanJennings
14-08-2009, 16:29
I agree, it is what I grew up with. Oh well there are a reasonable number of repeats on Sky to remind us of what we are missing.

sigh.... I knew there'd be a downside to not having a TV eventually

Spectral Morn
14-08-2009, 17:21
sigh.... I knew there'd be a downside to not having a TV eventually

Don't be too sad Dan, they're not comprehensive repeats. They are sporadic and tend to focus more on the popular/well know groups or artists.

If you haven't got a TV stick with it, I am sure you are better off for not having one.

Regards D S D L

DanJennings
14-08-2009, 17:23
If you haven't got a TV stick with it, I am sure you are better off for not having one.

It's been about 6 years now, and yeah, it's great, I get to listen to a LOT more music this way ;)

John
14-08-2009, 17:41
I just use a monitor dan and the various I players to watch the odd programme I like works for me
Yes miss the Old Grey Whistle Test too