PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Denon PMA-350SE

raygreen
26-12-2014, 18:40
Would like to give this amp a try. Would like something in fairly good condition if possible.

DSJR
26-12-2014, 20:12
Don't pass up the chance of a 450SE if you ever see one. Loads of power, clean sound with good bass, if not the most controlled delivery. It's not at all tuneless like some very meaty amps can be and the extra power over the 250 and 350 models is well worthwhile I found at the time :)

mad-moon
26-12-2014, 22:02
never mind the 350 or the 450....this is what you wanna consider...at this price...

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?35574-For-sale-Denon-PMA-720AE-integrated-amp-(silver)

raygreen
26-12-2014, 23:24
never mind the 350 or the 450....this is what you wanna consider...at this price...

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?35574-For-sale-Denon-PMA-720AE-integrated-amp-(silver)

Cheers Alan. I have been in touch. Looks like it will do the job and the reviews look good. As long as it doesn't b;ow my Mission 751's!!!

twotone
27-12-2014, 11:01
Amp provisionally sold guys.

Ray I've replied to your PM :cool:

walpurgis
27-12-2014, 11:57
Amp provisionally sold guys.

Ray I've replied to your PM :cool:

Well that's AOS working for people. Somebody else has got their system sorted. Nice! :)

Let us know how you get on with it Ray.

twotone
27-12-2014, 14:04
Well that's AOS working for people. Somebody else has got their system sorted. Nice! :)

Thanks Geoff and Alan too:cool:

Cheers

Tony

raygreen
27-12-2014, 17:05
What can I say - beats Ebay any day of the week. You know you are dealing with like minded people, equipment that has come from a good home and quality advice to boot! Sorted!! Cheers lads - I will let you know how things sound.

raygreen
08-01-2015, 23:21

Well after a few days listening to the new Denon PMA-720AE I am quite impressed. Is more forward than my Arcam Alpha 3 and just seems to have a little more range. I don't like the loudness button - just seems to extend the bass to far which becomes quite harsh. Also I prefer the amp with the source direct button on to bypass the controls. Again it just seems a sweeter sound. I think these options can sometimes become a distraction.

I have also just connected my new Beresford TC-7520 to the amp and this has improved things further - soundstage seems to me much wider. Without the DAC the soundstage almost seems jumbled in the middle of the speakers whereas connected I can pinpoint instruments at a wider point. In fact without it I will probably find the amp harsh now.

Boy it's a tricky game!!:rolleyes:

walpurgis
08-01-2015, 23:26
Glad it's working out Ray.