PDA

View Full Version : cd,bargains(discs)

craig12
24-12-2014, 07:40
sorry everyine, i tried looking at the sub headings in the forum and couldnt decide where this question should go
i think this is the wrong section tbh please move if ive missed the obvious one

as i have to start my cd collection from scratch i wondered if members knew of the best price place to order new cd,s at a good price

im aware of amazon etc but i wondered if anyone has been picking up batgains a lot cheaper than the high st on new stuff

also on secondhand what is your preference e bay, car boots , music fairs, ?

ive got to be honest in my lifetime my all time worst habit as not to look after cd,s properly and before you know it i have a pile of 5 or 6 out of their cases thats just lazy on my part and i must change and replace in box when played:doh:

regards craig

agk
24-12-2014, 08:16
I've been buying second hand on Amazon Craig. Not been stung once. Definitely my preferred and recommended place to buy tunes. No hassle and they just fall through my letterbox in days.
CEX aren't bed either and the charity shop circuit is worth a shuffle too.

craig12
24-12-2014, 08:37
I've been buying second hand on Amazon Craig. Not been stung once. Definitely my preferred and recommended place to buy tunes. No hassle and they just fall through my letterbox in days.
CEX aren't bed either and the charity shop circuit is worth a shuffle too.
when they state used on amazon is it a gamble on the condition , or do they have to be without scratches to sell in a used category

also with there being so many cd,s on there do you have a favourite search word ie box set or discontinued, etc

agk
24-12-2014, 08:51
I've not received a bad disc yet and I would think most sellers aren't going to knowingly list faulty goods.
I tend to search for an artist, group or specific album.

rossman
24-12-2014, 21:12
when they state used on amazon is it a gamble on the condition , or do they have to be without scratches to sell in a used category

also with there being so many cd,s on there do you have a favourite search word ie box set or discontinued, etc

Just search for the artist or title that you want, then go to the relevant page. On the page there will be new and/or used links. The used CDs are graded as Like new, very good, good and so on. I have probably ordered hundreds of used very good CDs and had few problems with scratches and if you are unhappy with the condition you generally get a refund or replacement from the bigger sellers. I have also occasionally received some which have only been rated as good but were in very good, or better, condition. I have had more problems with items not arriving but again once you let the sellers know you generally get a replacement or a refund.

I think CD prices on Amazon have been rising over the last year though and it is getting more and more difficult to get real bargains so I usually compare with ebay as well. For rarer items Discogs is worth a look as well. These are the only three places I buy CDs online unless someone is willing to share any other good site.

Charity shops, boot sales, even Poundland can be worthwhile for bargains if you are prepared to take a chance with £1 or so.

struth
24-12-2014, 21:23
EIL.com are very good, although not cheap. First class service though.

myles
24-12-2014, 21:54
https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?scid=8

Have a scan through these, dead cheap way of building a cd collection.