PDA

View Full Version : Hagerman FryBaby Cable Burn-In Device

Ammonite Audio
10-12-2014, 17:24
http://hagerman-audio-labs.myshopify.com/collections/break-in-devices/products/frybaby2-compact-burn-in-generator

I do believe that cables settle down and improve with use, particularly those with new solder joints. This little Hagerman gadget looks to me like something worth having in the accessories box. Has anyone out there tried one?

Yomanze
10-12-2014, 17:37
Nope never tried one, but at the same time this product is from a real engineer and not some foo peddler. Huge respect for Hagerman products am currently using a Bugle 2 and previously used a HagUSB.

Ammonite Audio
11-12-2014, 12:56
I've ordered one.

Reffc
11-12-2014, 16:02
Nope never tried one, but at the same time this product is from a real engineer and not some foo peddler. Huge respect for Hagerman products am currently using a Bugle 2 and previously used a HagUSB.

+1 being a user (and assembler) of the Bugle 2 and Cornet 3. That makes it more of a surprise to me to see such a respected engineer going down the cable "burn in" device selling route (ducks below battlements and looks for escape hatch...)

YNWaN
11-12-2014, 16:44
I'm afraid I agree - what exactly does it do to achieve this cable 'burn in'?

MCRU
11-12-2014, 17:00

So other cable burners were just cobbled together by elves in shoe boxes were they?

MCRU
11-12-2014, 17:02
http://hagerman-audio-labs.myshopify.com/collections/break-in-devices/products/frybaby2-compact-burn-in-generator

I do believe that cables settle down and improve with use, particularly those with new solder joints. This little Hagerman gadget looks to me like something worth having in the accessories box. Has anyone out there tried one?

I own a nordost vidar but its only used for new sold cables, why would anyone want a cable burner for personal use un-less they change their cables as often as their underpants? :lol:

Ammonite Audio
11-12-2014, 18:00
I own a nordost vidar but its only used for new sold cables, why would anyone want a cable burner for personal use un-less they change their cables as often as their underpants? :lol:

Because I've been making up my own cables recently; and this thing is cheap enough to take a punt. As stated earlier, I remain convinced about cable running-in effects, so this is a small Christmas present to myself.

hifinutt
21-12-2014, 14:39
how much is it then ?

Ammonite Audio
21-12-2014, 15:59
$219 ready built, or $169 in kit form. It's on Hagerman's website.

hifinutt
26-12-2014, 19:32
Would be very interested in trying one sometime if there was a UK supplier

MCRU
26-12-2014, 19:35

why?

what's the point?

:ner::ner::ner:

DSJR
26-12-2014, 19:38

There are a good few US suppliers of things we want that deliver promptly to the UK with no hassle at all. If you're interested, should be a perfectly safe bet to order directly.

hifinutt
31-12-2014, 20:07
why?

what's the point?

:ner::ner::ner:

because when one swaps cables a lot its nice to get them up to speed fast and I can`t afford a vidar dave !!!