PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Trichord Dino+/ NCPSU

Bluebeat13
07-12-2014, 12:13
Hello everyone,

Overall I am very happy with my Dino phono stage, and would like to stick with it as I'm thinking of moving into the world of MC with an Ortofon Quintet. However, I've heard that moving on from the standard PSU is a worthy upgrade so I'd like to give one a bash.

Anyone got one they could move on?

Many thanks,

Tom

Bluebeat13
10-12-2014, 10:32
Still hunting folks...

zombilly
11-12-2014, 16:09
Dont know if you are interested but I has a Michell ISO which I used to use with a Yaqin buffer amp,Atlas Equator interconnects which I found to be rather a god combination of valve and SS. I would throw in a damaged Dynavector Ruby MC which could be retipped by Northwest Audio should you wish. The PSU is just the walwart,but you could get a NCPSU seperately. The power cable has been replaced with an IEC plug so a posh kettle lead could be sourced from Russ Andrews. Possibly work something out for the Heed Orbit 2 you mentioned in your PM,not sure what price you had in mind. Returns accepted if not to your liking provided you pay postage back.

zombilly
11-12-2014, 16:12
P.S the offer is for all of the above but with a standard kettle lead.

zombilly
12-12-2014, 00:08
P.P.S probably immaterial as not exactly what you are after anyway but its a seperate,basic,power supply not a walwart. Plus Trichord were closely linked with Michell on the electronics side of things. Apologies for multiple posts,not bumping. Just explaining.

struth
12-12-2014, 00:32
Hello everyone,

Overall I am very happy with my Dino phono stage, and would like to stick with it as I'm thinking of moving into the world of MC with an Ortofon Quintet. However, I've heard that moving on from the standard PSU is a worthy upgrade so I'd like to give one a bash.

Anyone got one they could move on?

Many thanks,

Tom

Iused to have a Dino myself and thought it very good even with the basic psu. I very recently bought a Schiit mani for 120 and have to say it is better than the dino.. I am very impressed with it and it is not very far behind my firebottle plus. A bold statement for something of that price range but it may be an option.

walpurgis
12-12-2014, 00:51
Who's tried the old Moth Series 30 phono stage? They don't sell for a fortune these days, but sound superb (I'd still like another actually). I was very happy with mine until I bought an EAR 834P (MC), which was a step up.

That all changed when I tried a Graham Slee ERA V Gold (with an SUT). It totally outclassed the well liked 834P.

I've now bought a Graham Slee Reflex M, but still miss the ERA V Gold, it was less revealing, but so musical, pure and uncoloured.

Bluebeat13
13-12-2014, 12:48
Thank you for the responses everyone. The search for the Trichord PSU was fruitless, other than some overpriced offerings on EBay. An opportunity to take a s/h Slee Reflex C with PSU1 came up and I took the plunge. Going to keep the Dino for a little while so I can do some comparisons then I'll be moving it on. I have an Angle Audio stage that I'll keep for MM duties.

Now all I need is a Low MC! Zombilly, could be interested in just the Dynavector Ruby, what work do you think would be required to get it back in action?

Mods, can we edit the title to 'no longer required' please?

Many thanks

zombilly
14-12-2014, 21:21
It needs a new cantilever and retip. They are delicate beasties and not designed for drunken record playing escapades. A retip will be quite expensive but wance done will beat anyhing new at the same price IMO. PM your address and I will post it to you free of charge if you want to go down that route. I cant be arsed charging for a broken cartridge. It was a sweet cartridge before I destroyed it.

Bluebeat13
14-12-2014, 23:02
Very generous of you, PM on its way, thank you very much.

zombilly
15-12-2014, 11:20
Posted,should arrive tomorrow.