PDA

View Full Version : Used Record Stores - On The Up Again ?

RobbieGong
30-11-2014, 21:09
I took a trip to Music & Video Exchange in Greenwich today to off load some of my duplicate vinyl. The place was buzzing the whole time I was there with plenty of vinyl being bought and sold.......

ppat2
30-11-2014, 22:50
I am located in Vancouver BC Canada, and locally I have about 7 vinyl shops to choose from that sell both new and used. If you want some idea of the size/scope of the scene here, my favorite is "Apollo Records"

Check out their website at http://www.audiophilerecords.ca/

The owner Mike has recently purchased a 100,000 pieces plus collection from a hoarder, with many rare and never opened.

He also purchased the entire CBC radio Canada (Vancouver) vinyl collection of 60,000+.

This is just a small sample of some of the items you can find in his vinyl only shop, which is going strong at 20+ years. Mike had an advantage though as he was the record buyer for a large local retailer back in the vinyl heyday, so know's where to source the vinyl.

I have collected vinyl myself for 40+ years now, and I also have a significant investment in HDD's with 1TB of hi-res downloads, plus my cd's burned to HDD. I use the Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 2, fed into my DAC and system for that. For vinyl, it is a Thorens TD160 HD new model deck.

I still prefer the sound of good source vinyl over good source digital, but both are great.

Rock on vinyl, so great to see it continuing, and growing! :guitar:

Marco
30-11-2014, 23:07
Too right, man! They thought it would die, but the best things in life, in some form or another, stay with us forever… Long live vinyl!! :cool:

Marco.