PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Newbie here

Burrells Boy
28-11-2014, 21:01
Hi

Just joined, I live in Cumbria, retired now, been into hi-fi all my adult life, currently I have a Naim set up 72 pre amp with Kits KSL moving magnet boards, soon to move onto mc as I have bought 2 Linn Asaks, one perfect and one for a re-build, a 140 with hi-cap, SBL Mk 2 walnut speakers sources are an updated Linn LP12 (I have owned this from new for nearly 30 years, Ittock arm and a Linn Sneaky DS.

Thanks for looking

Mick

struth
28-11-2014, 21:17
Welcome to AoS Michael. Linn, Naim and SBL's sounds pretty good to me. Hope you can pop some pictures into the gallery for our perusal ; we like pics here. What type of Musac is your poison?

Burrells Boy
28-11-2014, 21:21
I like most types of music as long as its good, preference for Blues, all types but Champion Jack Dupree etc I really like, will get round to taking some photos but in honesty I just like listening to it.

Thanks again

Mick

struth
28-11-2014, 21:24
I'm a blues guy too, and like Mr Dupree too... We all like to listen, thats why we do it Michael :) Enjoy your stay and hope to read some of your posts soon.

walpurgis
28-11-2014, 22:58
Hello Michael. Welcome from me too.

Keep us briefed on your MC experience. We like to know how people's systems evolve and as grant says, we like pictures.

Enjoy AOS,
Geoff.

Eagle owl
29-11-2014, 11:11
Hello and welcome Michael.

Geoff. :wave:

Burrells Boy
29-11-2014, 13:20
Thanks again to all for the warm welcome, will defo pop some photos on soon. I have been quite poorly for the last three years, so away for a few weeks R & R in Almeria after the New Year, so am waiting until I get back before changing the phono boards in the 72. I have been really impressed with the KSL MM boards so I am really looking forward to hearing the system when I get round to implementing them.

Mick

Barry
29-11-2014, 19:00
Welcome to AoS Michael.

A love of the Blues and of Champion Jack Dupree can't be bad - you're in good company here! :)

Let us know how you get on with the Linn Asak - better still, lets see some photographs in The Gallery.

Welcome again, enjoy the Forum.

Floyddroid
30-11-2014, 15:16
Welcome to AOS Michael. I have always wanted to hear a pear of SBL's. Beautiful part of the world you love in too, apart from when the travellers are there like. Enjoy it here, it's a great forum and by far the best.:cool:

The Black Adder
30-11-2014, 15:56
Welcome to AOS, Michael... :)

Lovely part of the country is Cumbria.

Burrells Boy
01-12-2014, 11:57
Hi again to all

I will get the camera out later in the week and take some photos of my set up and upload them, don't why it took me so long to visit but rest assured I will be a regular visitor. Yes we do inundated for a week in June, a few real Romany Gypsies, and the huge majority of the rest are travellers, so for a week no real ale, just freeflow at silly prices for the visitors, luckily if I fancy the odd pint I qualify for local's rates, but that one week keeps the local pubs going for the other 51 weeks of the year.

Thanks again for such a warm welcome

Mick