PDA

View Full Version : Nagaoka MP-500 tracking ability

Eagle owl
27-11-2014, 15:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpD_nkufUvI

Unbeliveable.

Marco
27-11-2014, 18:54
i suspect that someone has played the turntable, using that record, to a digital soundtrack of the music and produced a video to that effect - certainly sounds like it! ;)

Marco.

daytona600
28-11-2014, 11:20
Nag MP are very good trackers
about 75% of the 200g FIM ( full fat version ) of 1812 i sold customers could not play
even with super hiend decks @ £20k +
warning on outside & inside

WARNING!
Dynamics of the LP exceed the abilities of some audio systems. not liable for damage, exchange, or refund if your system is unable to play this LP.The cannon shots captured on this LP are extremely difficult for most phono cartridges to track. The inability of your phono playback system to play these cannon shots is very typical and not an indication of either your cartridge or record being defective. returns of this product for reasons of mistracking due to the cannon shots on this record.

Andrei
28-11-2014, 12:25
Impossible to tell from YouTube. I listen via an ASUS Xonar ST soundcard and B&W MM1 speakers and it was just wet. I can tell that if I ripped the download it would not be much better on my main system. Marco, it may just be a poor mike.
Still it did not jump a groove, so I suppose that is something.

prestonchipfryer
28-11-2014, 16:03
Pointless exercise. Who is going to play so badly a warped record as shown in the video? Not me. And I suspect not anyone with a prized cartridge/arm.

Floyddroid
30-11-2014, 14:59
Indeed, what a load of cods wallop.