PDA

View Full Version : Supra Lo Rad Mains Flex power cords

nbaptista
24-03-2008, 19:42
I want to buy an AC power cord for my Densen B 110 and I wonder if anyone know anything about the Supra Lo rad. It is not expensive,so I wonder if does the job quite well,or should I try another power cord ?
http://www.hificables.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/10872/
BTW,I donīt want to spend more than 90Ģ

Marco
25-03-2008, 10:06
Hi Nuno,

The Supra should be pretty good. I haven't used one myself but know others who have with good results.

As alternatives you should also look at those from LAT International, The Missing Link, True Colours Industries, Kimber, and also the standard MusicWorks leads which Steve has in the past successfully used with Densen.

Marco.

Steve Toy
25-03-2008, 19:00
The Music Works Plus leads cost Ģ100 new or Ģ75 s/h.

Marco
25-03-2008, 19:15
How much are the standard leads new these days?

Marco.

jandl100
25-03-2008, 22:23
I have tried the Supra Lo Rad cables - truly, utterly awful imho.

Want to lose 50% of your system's resolution? - Easy! - buy the Lo Rad (it should be called Lo Rez ! ;))

YMMV :)

Their cheaper speaker cable is even worse - it sound low rez and weirdly out of phase. Yee-uk.

Marco
25-03-2008, 22:40
Fair enough, Jerry. Like I said, I've not tried it myself.

What would you recommend then that fits in with Nuno's budget?

Marco.

jandl100
25-03-2008, 23:19
Fair enough, Jerry. Like I said, I've not tried it myself.

What would you recommend then that fits in with Nuno's budget?

Marco.

What?! You mean be constructive rather than just slagging things off? Good Lord - now there's a thought! :)

Well, I really like the no longer available Krystal Kables Titan - KK is now sadly (perhaps temporarily) defunct, and the Titan lead was discontinued anyway. So that's not very helpful (unless you can find some 2nd hand). It certainly comes/came within Nuno's budget. The only other KK cable I tried was the more expensive Mercury - and I hated that - really bright and forward. :(

I also like & use the MusicWorks mains blocks, so I'd hazard a guess that their mains leads are good too.

Other than that, I like Missing Link cables - although they do tend to sound just a little smooth at the expense of some detail to me.

My trouble is that I discovered the KK Titan quite early on, and haven't really found anything that I prefer (which is kind of embarassing for a box-swapper like me!! :lolsign:)

What have I tried and not liked? .... it's been so long since I was into trying out mains leads that I can't remember really ..... let's see ..... Siltech MO18 (really smoothed over and boring), LAT (not bad actually, but a bit bland compared to KK Titan), TCI SuperConstrictor (my 2nd fave after the KK Titan - powerful and detailed), TCI Constrictor (Good - but not as good as the SuperC), Russ Andrews Kimber things (not bad, but quite a ways down the list these days, I think), Blackcurrent (a bit bland), Synergistic Research Master Coupler (!! ;)) (pretty good, but over-priced - TCI SC is better and cheaper).

OK - so I guess my vote is for TCI SuperConstrictor. :) ... or the best TCI you can get within your budget.

And there's about a zillion power cables that I've never tried ....

All just my opinion, of course - YMMV. :)

And of course we all know that mains cables can't possibly affect the sound of a hifi system :mental:

nbaptista
30-03-2008, 17:59
Iīm trying the Supra LoRad cable right now , it seems a good cable,I didnīt noticed any lack of resolution,it seems the amp is more tuneful with the LoRad,but to be sincere I didnīt find great diffrerences bettween the standard and the LoRad!BTW,the cable is only 1 meter,better buy 1,5 m,no?But 1 m is just fine for my amp

jandl100
01-04-2008, 07:31
Well, these things are relative - what else have you tried?

nbaptista
01-04-2008, 16:50
I will try asap Furutech G 320 !A friend of mine told me that Qed Conduit 1.5 was better than LoRad,but I donīt know:confused:Like you said,it is relative!
I think my system with LoRad is more musical,there is less noise,but is not a great difference!Furutech might be better,I donīt know...However the LoRad is very well build

Ali Tait
01-04-2008, 17:16
If you're happy building your own,try the TNT audio website for their homebrew mains cable,then you can spend the huge amount of money you save on more music!

Regards,Ali

Russell Dawkins
04-04-2008, 04:05
What have I tried and not liked? .... it's been so long since I was into trying out mains leads that I can't remember really ..... let's see ..... Russ Andrews Kimber things (not bad, but quite a ways down the list these days, I think)

And of course we all know that mains cables can't possibly affect the sound of a hifi system :mental:

Dou you mean this Russ Andrews?

http://tinyurl.com/2b3c4v

http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudications/Public/TF_ADJ_44177.htm

jandl100
15-04-2008, 07:51
Dou you mean this Russ Andrews?

http://tinyurl.com/2b3c4v

http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudications/Public/TF_ADJ_44177.htm

:) Yup, that's the one!

I must confess that I am firmly in the "Cable Believer" side of the tent.

Does RA make unsubstantiated pseudo-scientific claims for why the cables he sells work? Yes.

Do his wires make hifi sound better than the usual 'give-away' items you get with equipment? Yes, again!

.... & would I buy Russ Andrews accessories? Probably not - I think you can get better, cheaper.

All the above, just my personal opinion, of course. :)

powercords
13-07-2008, 04:58
not more than 90Ģ???????

so expensive..

if you can accept freight collect,I can send you power cords (http://www.cnpowercords.com)free.

Marco
13-07-2008, 06:36
Hi,

Welcome to the forum :)

As per our membership policy, could you please pop into the Welcome area and introduce yourself and your system to our members, and include your first name and location in your profile. If you require a trade account please let us know and we will update your account accordingly.

Cheers.

Marco.

hiredfox
15-07-2008, 14:25
Power Cords? Try the Audience Au 24'e', it'll be the last high-end cable you will every buy. What's good about this one unlike most is that it is designed around credible science and the results justify the theory. Simply sublime... this is not shades of gray, it's night & day!

Steve Toy
16-07-2008, 00:26
Designing around "credible Science," as you put it, only tells part of the story. Your choice of mains cables and everything else in your system has to work together to provide the greatest musical insight possible for your expenditure.

The one and only arbiter of the final result, all other things considered, will be your ears.

Cynicism plays no part in the art of assembling a truly satisfying system which is the Art of Sound...

Read our ethos, embrace it and try to understand it. If you fail in the last bit just pm one of the admin or mod team and we'll do our best to help you to understand what we are about and how we can help you to really enjoy your recorded music collection.

If you are here for any other purpose then I think you are in the wrong place and should move on.