PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Me

M6NTL
20-11-2014, 23:00
Hi All,
I'm Mark, from Leicestershire.
I have a wide and varied musical taste, from Punk Rock (Ramones being my all time favourite band), through other Rock genres, some Jazz, to Country and Bluegrass.
My kit is all rather old, but all still working beautifully.
I have a Townsend Rock turntable, with Rega RB300 arm, and Goldring Eroica LX cartridge. A Musical Fidelity LP12 Phono Stage, a home made (by myself) triode pre-amp with separate dual regulated power supply, and original NOS Mullard valves. A Grant G50 valve power amp, and a pair of astounding Townsend Glastonbury Tor speakers.
I also have a very nice Conrad Johnson Sonographe SD22 CD Player, which I am selling - I will be advertising this for sale here, and as I have only just joined, I will make a donation to the site of 10% of the value it sells for. I hope this doesn't offend anyone.
My kit is about to be brought back into use, after some years of being 'put away' while my family were young and growing up. I'm looking forward to enjoying some spine tingling sounds again - I've missed the emotion that top quality sounds evoke!
Cheers, Mark.

struth
20-11-2014, 23:08
Greetings Mark, and welcome to AoS. Some nice equipment you have, and exemplary musical tastes. Hope the site helps you, and that you join in as much as you can. If you can, some pictures of your kit popped into the gallery would be nice. (PS: you WILL need pictures of the CD player when you come to selling(site rule).

look forward to reading some of your posts.

cheers Grant

walpurgis
20-11-2014, 23:26
Hello Mark, welcome from me too.

As Grant says, you have some nice gear.

I also have an Eroica LX in my collection of MCs, very underrated. It seems to pass people by when they're looking for a moving coil cartridge and that's a shame, as it's very musical.

What music are you playing?

Enjoy AOS, I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.
Geoff.

walpurgis
21-11-2014, 00:08
Mark. You have an email from me.

trio leo
21-11-2014, 00:23
Hello Mark,
Welcome to the AoS from me, I hope you find plenty of encouragement to re establish your love for music.

cheers Al

Barry
21-11-2014, 01:35
Welcome to AoS Mark.

Interesting audio system you have there - we would love to see some photos of it, especially your valve preamp. :)

Members are allowed to use the Forum to advertise items for sale to other members for free. All we ask is that a full description of the item(s) is made, complete with full-sized photographs, along with the amount being asked as well as any carriage costs.

There are no charges for the use of this service. However as any communication between you and a potential buyer will be made by PM (Private Message), you will have to make a few more posts here before you can use the PM service. I believe the minimum number of posts is 5, but I'm sure Admin will correct me if I am wrong. The reason we impose this condition is to give the new Member an opportunity to take part in the Forum and to become part of the community here, rather than just joining simply to sell something.

Anyway welcome again

Regards

Eagle owl
21-11-2014, 06:58
Hello and welcome Mark.

Geoff. :wave:

M6NTL
21-11-2014, 19:48
Hi All, and thank you for the welcome messages!
My preamp is as ugly as home made sin, but it sounds magnificent.
I built it from a modified schematic drawn for me some years ago by a guy who used to work for Russ Andrews.
I used Kimber TC cable throughout, Siderial Polypropylene caps exclusively, star earthing, ceramic valve bases, genuine NOS 1960s Mullard valves etc. The power supply has two regulators for each of the dual monoblock channels, one each in the remote PSU box, and one each right at the Anode of the first valve in the chain. I even regulated the heater supply!
This amp is in the hands of a very good friend, who has remained 'into' his audio, while I parked mine away, he loves it, and has put away his Conrad Johnson Premier 7 in favour of mine.
I'll get it back off him as soon as I have rigged the block and tackle to get my (hernia inducing) speakers out of the loft...

Cheers, Mark.

Ali Tait
21-11-2014, 19:57
Welcome from me too. As has been said, we like pictures here!

Some nice kit you have there.

jollyfix
22-11-2014, 09:44
Hi Mark, welcome to AOS.

Spectral Morn
22-11-2014, 11:45
Welcome to AOS

Regards Neil

archiesdad
22-11-2014, 14:41
Howdy and welcome to AoS Mark.